Recently, I was able to interview Long Island local JB Baretsky about what the future holds for this promising upcomer. He has a new single, “One Nighter”, that will be available soon, and is keeping an optimistic view about his future. In the past, I interviewed in about the usual topics an artist gets. This time, there are those questions but there are ones that will make his fans laugh and know him on more of a personal level. Here are some of the serious, and not so serious questions I asked him.
1. You are on stage at a concert. Frank Sinatra comes on one side of the stage, Sammy Davis Jr. comes on the other. Who do you give the microphone to?
I’d drop the microphone and run because zombies have taken over the earth.
2. If you were stuck on a deserted island, would you want to have Taco Bell, McDonalds or Burger King for the rest of your life?
Umm if I was stuck with either of those I’d die of dysentery within days. if I could take the option of Subway, I would.
3. You have a single called “One Nighter”. What celebrity would you want an ultimate “One Nighter” with?
Oh god, I don’t know… How bout Lindsay Lohan. But the Lindsay Lohan from Herbie: Fully Loaded. Not the one that exists now.
4. Your wedding song to Taylor Swift is either “Enchanted” or “Love Story”. Pick and say why.
“Enchanted” and that’s none of your business. Ha ha.
5. If you were stuck at number two on the Billboard 200 Albums charts, what would be the most creative thing you would do to get to number one?
Honestly, I’d just be happy to be number two. I mean I’m not an ego-maniacal jerk.
6. Parcheesi or Candyland.?
I liked the molasses Monster.
7. TGIF or SNICK?
TGIF is the best. Step by Step, Full House, Family Matters! Also known as ” The Night of Typecasting”
8. What do you think Katy Perry’s actual bra size is?
It’s DD. Take it to the bank.
9. What do you think of the state of jazz music today?
I think it’s in serious need of some attention. There’s a lot that people are missing out on. It needs to be given as much of a chance as this other sh*t is being given.
10. Who do you think is the biggest artist of 2011 so far?
Oh god. I guess Nicki Minaj. I can’t believe I said that.
11. Would you ever create a sign that says “OccupyJazz” just so people can swarm around it and enjoy it like a warm blanket?
Umm yea sure? Ha. If that gets people into Jazz then yeah.
12. Would you rather be nominated for a People’s Choice Award or a Razzie Award? ‘Cause let’s face it, they both suck.
People’s Choice. Drew Carey’s got a ton of them and he did pretty well.
13. LFO or 98 Degrees?
98 degrees. Nick Lachey got Jessica Simpson, which looked like a good move for awhile.
14. You are in a movie theater. Someone is talking on their cell phone. Do you:
A. Throw your popcorn at them.
B. Throw a person at them.
C. Do both and then make a facebook update about it with a picture involved.
How about D. Threaten to kick the guys teeth down his throat and then sneak out right before the movie ends so I don’t have to follow through.
15. Would you rather have classy groupies or the girls that just practically throw their dignity at you while performing?
Come on. That’s a win-win either way. But yeah, classy ladies.
16. If Britney Spears never existed, would the music world really be that much different?
Probably not. But it would nice to think so. Ha ha.
17. Who is your favorite artist that died too young? (IE Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain).
I mean Hendrix is always a good answer but how about Elvis. Look what he accomplished in 40 years. Who knows what he could have done with another 25.
18. Would you ever have a dance party and if so what decade would be the main focal point?
Any decade that’s not the 80s. Will someone tell VH1 that I do not love the 80s!
19. Who do you think will score big at the Grammys this year?
Gaga. Taylor. Cee-Lo. Let’s hope.
20. Are you faking your pregnancy like Beyonce is?
No. I’m just fat.