As fantasy football fans get ready for week 3, one thing has been pretty clear through weeks 1 and 2. Anything can happen, and expect the unexpected! Hey, the Detroit Lions are 2-0 and that is something the fans aren’t used to in Detroit!
Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton looks like he is taking on college foes as he is one of the biggest surprises on this early 2011 NFL season. Newton has thrown for 400+ yards in the first two weeks of the season and has looked great in doing so.
Several Detroit Lions should do well this week in fantasy football as the Lions travel to Minnesota to take on the Vikings.
“I think I will start both of my Lions players this week.” Anthony S. of Warren, MI. said. “Stafford and Johnson are both getting the start. The Lions should be successful again this weekend and those guys will be a big part of it!”
Here are the 2011 NFL Fantasy Football Week 3 odds on favorites list of who should do well this upcoming weekend:
1. Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers) vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Chiefs are BAD, and Rivers coming off a loss is MAD! Not a good combo for Kansas City. Look for a lot of Charger points (30 or more) and Rivers to have 300 + yards and a few TD’s.
2. Tom Brady (New England Patriots) vs. Buffalo Bills: Buffalo gave up 323 yards to Jason Campbell. That speaks volumes.
3. Matthew Stafford (Detroit Lions) vs. Minnesota Vikings: Stafford is on fire. The Lions are overdue to beat the Vikings in Minnesota, and the Vikings D will have trouble with Detroit’s wideouts.
1.Rashard Mendenhall (Steelers) vs. Indianapolis: The Colts may only win one or two games this season.
2. Felix Jones (Dallas Cowboys) vs. Washington Redskins: This is all on a hunch. Big D grabbed a victory last week that they had no business winning. Coming home should be a great motivator for Dallas, and the Skins are primed for the picking!
3. Ray Rice (Baltimore Ravens) vs. St. Louis Rams: Big week for Baltimore coming off a bad loss to Tennessee where they were flat out bad. If the Ravens are for real, this should be a victory and Rice should hit the end zone a couple of times.
1. Vincent Jackson (San Diego Chargers) vs. Kansas City Chiefs. Should be a big day for the Bolts, and Jackson may light up the KC secondary!!
2. Nate Burleson and/or Calvin Johnson (Detroit Lions) vs. Minnesota Vikings. The Lions should have their way against Minny, who is already feeling like Brett Favre and Sidney Rice have been gone for a decade. Minnesota is a hot mess!
3. Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona Cardinals) vs. Seattle Mariners. Seattle may be one of the worst teams in the NFL. Cardinals look to make noise in the NFC West.
Starting defense for a team this week is a “no brainer”, if you happen to have the Pittsburgh Steelers or San Diego Chargers, who both should have monster days.
The odds break down of these pics are based on the players, the team they are facing, and the percentage that if all goes to an “normal” or “average” game for the particular player, they should be a great pick for the game.
Good luck to all!