Week 8 of the 2011 NFL season is on tap for fantasy football players, and just by looking sat the schedule, it should be another thrilling weekend in the NFL.
One of the more intriguing games for fantasy goes is Minnesota at Carolina. Two of the league’s best fantasy players will square off when Vikings RB Adrian Peterson squares off against Carolina quarterback Cam Newton.
Newton has opened eyes across the league with his quick start as a rookie. At times he has made it look easy, but it is a long season.
1. Drew Brees (Saints @ St. Louis) Drew Brees is just on fire! He’s averaging over 350 passing yards and 2 touchdowns per game. Rams are awful!
2. Cam Newton (Panthers vs. Minnesota) Newton is averaging 300 passing yards per game and should be a great play vs. the Vikings.
3. Eli Manning (Giants vs. Miami) The Dolphins have allowed an average of 257 and two passing touchdowns per game this season. If Eli and Giants don’t roll this team at home, they are worse than I thought!
1. Arian Foster (Texans vs. Jacksonville) Foster is on fire, averaging 171 total yards over the past four games. He is a must play in week 8. Jags won on Monday night, but the Texans should drop a 30 spot on them in Houston.
2. Adrian Peterson (Vikings @ Carolina) Panthers defense is giving up 133 yards per game. Peterson has 8 touchdowns and is averaging 101 yards per contest.
3. DeMarco Murray (Cowboys @ Philadelphia) Can the Boys rookie RB put together back to back great games? Eagles are giving up 123 yards per game on the ground.
1. Calvin Johnson (Lions at Denver) Matt Stafford may not play, so be aware of that.
2. Mike Wallace (Steelers vs. New England) This will be interesting game to watch as the Patriots are last in the NFL against the pass. That may b hard to believe, but it is New England’s weakness.
3. Wes Welker (Patriots at Pittsburgh) Welker is averaging 130 yards and a TD per game. He is so underrated it’s sick! It will be hard to keep up those numbers vs. the Steelers.
1. Jimmy Graham (Saints at St. Louis) When do you NOT play this guy? Top TE in the NFL right now.
2. Jason Witten (Dallas at Philadelphia) Should have a good game vs. the Eagles. He he fallen off in past weeks, but still one of the best.
3. Vernon Davis ( 49ers vs. Cleveland) Could have a bust out vs. the Brownies!
Good luck to all players!