Beautiful clothes, beautiful hair, beautiful makeup. What about your breath? No one wants to get close to someone with bad breath, no matter how georgeous they are on the outside.
Even if you avoid bad breath culprits like garlic and onions, you still may wind up with dragon breath. Here are a few tips to help keep your breath as beautiful as the rest of you:
1. Sip water regularly. By flushing your mouth with water throughout the day you prevent bacteria, which causes bad breath, from multiplying.
2. Keep gum or mints on hand. Gum and mints stimulate saliva, which also helps to keep bacteria at bay.
3. Choose a toothpaste with fluoride. Don’t worry about selecting a particular flavor, just be sure to select a toothpaste with fluoride which reacts with the teeth and makes the outer surface (the enamel) stronger, so that it cannot be attacked by the acids produced by bacteria as easily. It also helps the body to “remineralize” small cavities, filling in very small holes that form in the teeth by bacteria.
4. Floss daily. Plaque causes a buildup of bacteria if left untreated. Floss daily to remove plaque before it hardens making microbes more difficult to remove.
5. Use alcohol-free mouthwash. It may sound counter-intuitive, as alcohol kills bacteria, but it is also drying, which means that it may allow bacteria to breed.
In addition to the tips listed above, be sure to visit your dentist for regular check ups. Your dental professional will be able to spot any problems, such as gum disease, early preventing more serious problems.
To find a dentist in the Tampa Bay area check out Tampa Dentist Review at www.DentistReviews.com/Tampa.