Beatles and music related events on Oct. 27:
- Oct. 27, 1969: Ringo Starr starts work on the “Sentimental Journey” album with “Night and Day.”
- Oct. 27, 1957: Buddy Holly and the Crickets hit No.1 in the UK with “That’ll Be The Day.”
- Oct. 27, 1962: The Beatles’ final appearance at Hulme Hall, Birkenhead.
- Oct. 27, 1963: The Beatles perform three shows at Goteborg, Sweden.
- Oct. 27, 1964: Mono mixing of five tracks “What You’re Doing,” “Honey Don’t,” “Mr. Moonlight,” “Every Little Thing” and “Eight Days a Week”, in 2 1/2 hours; stereo mixing of four tracks – “What You’re Doing,” “Honey Don’t,” “Every Little Thing” and “Eight Days a Week”, was done in 30 minutes.
- Oct. 27, 1970: As Charles Manson begins his defense in his murder case, the defense plans to call John Lennon to the witness stand to explain the meaning of various Beatles songs. “We want John Lennon to testify. We feel he may want to explain the lyrics,” a defense source told the Associated Press. The defense also plans to call John Phillips and Mama Cass Elliott, who both knew Manson, the AP said. (Full AP story.)
- Oct. 27, 1975: Rising star Bruce Springsteen appears on covers of both Time and Newsweek magazines the same week.
“Some Days in the Beatles lives” is a regular feature of Beatles Examiner. Let us know what you like or don’t about it.
Stan is the author of the Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, Vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll Examiner and TV on DVD Examiner columns on knotmove.com.
- Be sure to subscribe to this column by clicking the button at the top of the page.
- Your feedback and ideas are always welcome. Contact us at [email protected]
- See the Beatles Examiner columns: http://knotmove.com/beatles-in-national/steve-marinucci
- Please join us on Twitter: @stevemarinucci and @beatlesexaminer (RT’s are much appreciated!)
- We’re also on Google+
- Search for us on Bing: http://tinyurl.com/3pukbd5 or Google: http://tinyurl.com/3m4k998
- Add us as a friend on our Beatles Examiner page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beatles-Examiner/372042379525
- And if you like this article, please share this article on StumbleUpon, Digg, Twitter, or Facebook!