On Tuesday, the Samaria Military Court sentenced Hakim Awad, 18, who was convicted of murdering 5 members of the Fogel family in Itamar last March, to five consecutive life sentences and another five years in prison, totaling 130 years in jail.
Hakim Awad and his cousin Amjad Awad, 19, barbarically murdered the Fogel family: Ehud Fogel, 36, Ruth Fogel, 35, 11-year-old Yoav, 4-year-old Elad and 2-month-old Hadas.
Amjad’s comments on his slaughter of innocents: “I’m proud of what I did…I don’t regret what I did, even if it means I’m sentenced to death.”
Hakim’s comments on his slaughter of innocents: “I am a person like you, I have no mental condition, I never had a serious illness. My only illness is the Israeli occupation.”
How could teenagers become so hateful and calloused as to slaughter innocents…and possess no remorse?
The answer can be found in the culture of Jew-hatred manufactured, manipulated and controlled by the Palestinian Authority (PA)…and supported and also practiced by the Muslim Arab Street.
There are myriad examples of the system that supports the corruption that is deeply embedded in the young by the PA. Here are a few:
From elementary through high school, are replete with powerful expressions of hatred towards Israel.
Negation of Israel’s right to exist and praise for the struggle against it.
Anti-Semitic terminology against the Jews.
Calls to fight and eliminate Israel via Holy War (Jihad) and Martyrdom for Allah (Shahada) appear habitually in PA schoolbooks, glorifying Shahada as an goal to be attained.
- Quotes by Palestinian parents:
- “I’m prepared to sacrifice my six children,” said Mahmoud Sumara’s mother, Halima. “I’m serious. I don’t mind if I lose them if that brings back al-Aqsa…” (NBC News).
- Mother of female suicide bomber, upon learning of her daughter’s death: “I didn’t scream, even my scarf stayed on my head. Everyone came.
Everyone heard what happened… I was sitting and started to sing to her. I said, ‘It’s the night before your wedding, Darin, and we won’t see you anymore, my daughter.’ People around me said, ‘Allah be with you.’ I said, ‘I haven’t gone mad, I’m not crazy. I want to sing, Darin is a bride.'”[PA TV (Fatah), Aug. 3, 2011]
- “I am happy that he [her 13-year-old son] has been martyred. I will sacrifice all my sons and daughters (12 in all) to Al-Aqsa and Jerusalem.” (a mother to Sam Kiley of the London Times)
- Quotes by Palestinian children (powerful peer pressure):
- “We meet everyday and decide. We just want to get Israeli’s. I want to kill them.” (15-year-old Mahmoud Sumara on NBC News).
- “My purpose is not to be wounded, but something more sublime–martyrdom.” (Ramahan Sahadi Abed Rabbah, age 13, tells PA paper Al-Hayat).
- “I’m happy to die for my country, as long as a couple of Israeli soldiers die, too.” (12-year-old schoolboy from Beit Jalah, Samir al-Mahari, tells the Jerusalem Post)
Poems and songs taught to the children follow the same recurring theme: The fortunate are those who are killed…attaining “Martyrdom”.
The list can go on interminably, including PA children’s TV shows reinforcing themes of bloodthirsty hate for Jews and for the State of Israel, naming recreation areas after suicide bombers, surrounding the young in a milieu of anger and detestation.
This is what killers like Hakim and Amjad were weaned on. A carefully concocted cocktail of hatred and lies, resulting in the closest human examples of robotic assassins.
Yes, it’s a new school year. Time to nurture our children to grow into solid, caring human beings. That is, of course, unless our children happen to be living in a PA-controlled community…supported by the Arab Street and ignored by the world/MSM media…
Shalom through strength…