There are breakfast meals and then there are breakfast meals. Some are routine day in and day out and others are pretty typical choices to prepare on the weekend. By taking the traditional ingredients of bacon and eggs and creating a breakfast quesadilla still fills you up, provides that great taste you have been waiting for all week to enjoy and is easy to handle. A quesadilla can be picked up, is portable, can be brought to work in a container or enjoyed with a fork and knife sitting at the kitchen table, nook or dining room to enjoy a good hot breakfast. September is also the month that celebrates breakfast. It is National Breakfast Month! This is a food holiday we can all enjoy sharing instead of skipping before heading off to work or to get errands done before the whole day is lost.
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 16 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 slices of cooked crisp bacon
- ¼ cup of green onions chopped fine
- ¼ cup of green pepper chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 small splash of Tobasco sauce
- Cook bacon as usual and set aside to cool
- Crack open all the eggs and place them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Chop the green onion and pepper finely and add to egg mixture.
- Then add all the spices and mix up into the egg mixture.
- In a large frying pan cook the eggs until they are fully cooked and fluffy and scrambled.
- Once the eggs are cooked set them aside.
- In a clean frying pan spray the pan with cooking oil lightly.
- Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Once the cheese begins to melt a little add some scrambled egg and bacon.
- Fold the tortilla in half and just lightly toast both sides.
- Place the breakfast quesadillas on a baking tray in a warm oven when finished cooking as you continue to prepare the others. (That is if you don’t have someone waiting near the stove with a plate ready and waiting.)
- After all the quesadilla are made and warm they are ready to serve.
- Add some beans or even some refried beans to bulk up this morning’s meal.
- Cook some shredded hash browns and add that in with the bacon and eggs.
- Chopped ham or Canadian bacon is also good to add instead of the usual bacon.
- Ground sausage cooked up is also another way to change the flavor and make a whole new breakfast quesadilla to try.
A great place for grocery shopping in Winona, MS is at the SuperValu.
The Leflore Farmers Market has a great selection and good prices on their locally grown and farm fresh produce.
Copyright 2011 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More from this author:
If you are looking for easy to follow, step-by-step recipes the Winona Cooking Examiner may just have that recipe you have been longing for.
An array of fun, crafty and education topics, stories and articles are available from the Winona Home and Living Examiner. Local events and interesting facts, tips and holiday information is also available for your reading pleasure.
The Healthy Living Examiner will provide information on the healthy benefits of foods as well as discuss health issues, diseases and medical conditions. Also provide recall information, tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle.
To receive spam free alerts to any of these publications just click the subscribe buttons found at the top of the page. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Digg!