On September 26th, 6:00pm at the MD Science Center, 20 of Baltimore’s most talented Chefs will partner with 20 local Farms to create innovative recipes for over 250 food enthusiasts. The American Institute of Wine & Food, Baltimore/MD Chapter, whose mission is to advance the understanding, appreciation and quality of what we eat and drink, is proud to present the 2nd annual event to highlight the local talents of Baltimore’s Chefs and Maryland Farmers.
The Farmer and The Chef benefits the Days of Taste®, a program that brings together Chefs, Farmers and community volunteers to introduce elementary school children to the basic elements of taste and to teach them how their food travels from farm to table. All of the Chefs and Farmers participating in the event have donated their time and resources to teaching children the benefits of cooking with fresh, local ingredients.
Local Baltimore Judges including Joe Di Pasquale of Di Pasquale’s, Vince Fava of Trinacria, Franciso “Paco” Lobo of Tio Pepe’s, Albert Kirchmayr of Kirchmayr Chocolatier, and Adam Borden of Maryland for Better Beer and Wine Laws have the coveted task of tasting all of the Chef’s creations and choosing the tastiest and most creative dish. A People’s Choice award will be based on the guests’ votes.
The evening will also include five live auction items and ten high-end raffle items. Guests will have their chance to bid on “The Ultimate Dinner Party”. The highest bidder will enjoy a four course wine dinner prepared by five chefs to share with eight guests. The raffle prizes range from culinary classes to elegant dinners and tours.
In addition to sampling each Chef’s recipe, guests will be treated to local and organic Wines, Beers as well as a Martini Bar.
Date: Monday, September 26th, 2011, 6pm
Location: MD Science Center, 601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD
Cost: $75 inclusive, AIWF Member $65
Purchase Tickets: www.thefarmerandthechefmd.com
- Barry Fleishmann, Innovative Gourmet
- Beej Flamholz, Beej Flamholz LLC
- Ben Simpkins, Richardson Farms
- Bill Crouse, Chef’s Expressions
- Bryan Sullivan, Harbor Magic Hotels
- Carl Vahl, Chef Calle’s
- Cyrus Keefer, Maisy’s
- Derrick Purcell, MD Science Center
- Therese Harding, The Classic Catering People
- Jesse Sandlin, jessesandlin.org
- John Walsh, Chef’s Expressions
- Kevin Miller, Copper Kitchen
- Nancy Longo, Pierpoint
- Patrick “Opie” Crooks, Roy’s
- Patrick Morrow, Meli
- Riccardo Bosio, Sotta Sopra
- Rodney Henry, Dangerously Delicious Pies
- Rodolfo “Roddy” Domcassé, Restaurant Sabor
- Sandy Lawler, Feast@4East
- Wilbur G Cox Jr, B&O American Brasserie
- Winston Blick, Clementine
- Carrollton Manor Farm
- Cherry Glen Cheese
- Chesapeake Greenhouse
- Choptank Oyster Company
- Evermore Farm
- Gravel Springs Farms
- Gunpowder Bison & Trading Co.
- J.J. McDonnell
- Old Line Meats
- One Straw Farms
- Piedmont Ridge
- Richardson Farms
- Springfield Farm
- Three Springs Farm
- Truck Patch Farms
For more info: you can subscribe to my newsletter below, email me at AIBR.Blog@gmail.com, find me on Facebook or follow me on twitter @BmoreRestaurant