Caspian Border may have gone away for the Battlefield 3 beta on the PC side but DICE has identified the first set of fixes for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game based on the beta.
Here is what DICE calls a “selection” of issues fixed with the first update for the Battlefield 3 beta. Unfortunately, the link they provided does not lead to the full list at the moment.
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
Update: To clarify, these are updates that DICE has identified so far that will be fixed in the retail release of Battlefield 3. These won’t make it into the beta.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.