- See pictures of some of the Record Store Day releases in the slideshow at left.
The Beatles and John Lennon are two of the artists participating in special Nov. 25 Black Friday Record Store Day releases of vinyl product that will only be sold in independent record stores during the holidays.
The Beatles’ contribution is a box set of four 7″ picture sleeve singles in a metal tin with a Record Store Day branded 45 RPM adapter (so the discs can be played on your turntable) and a poster.
The four singles are “Ticket To Ride” / “Yes It Is”; “Hey Jude” / “Revolution”; “Something” / “Come Together”; and “Yellow Submarine” / “Eleanor Rigby”
According to Record Store Day, all tracks are newly remastered and these versions are appearing on vinyl for the first time.
John Lennon will offer a 40th anniversary “Imagine” box set with a 2010 remastered LP. The box Includes a six-track white vinyl 12″ record and a poster.
Other artists releasing special product on Black Friday are the Byrds, the Yardbirds, the Grateful Dead, Syd Barrett, Janis Joplin and Pete Townshend.
The November 25 Black Friday releases will only be available at roughly 900 independent stores in North America and Europe during the holiday season. “Mostly, our goal is to remind folks that locally owned, independent record stores, like those that are listed on the site, are a GREAT place to celebrate the holidays, do a little gift-shopping (for yourself or others), support your community, and maybe pick up something really special. And really, that applies all year-round,” organizers wrote on their website.
- Record Store Day website
THE LATEST BEATLES HEADLINES:
- Beatles ‘Sgt. Pepper’ costume patterns to be auctioned
- Is this a sneak preview of Paul McCartney’s new album?
- James McCartney to release his digital EPs on CDs
- Photographer of iconic album cover for George Harrison dies
- Paul McCartney’s ‘The Love We Make’ coming to DVD
- Some days in the Beatles lives: Oct. 20: They can work it out
- INTERVIEW: Shirelles member had special reason to love Beatles’ ‘Baby It’s You’
- Finder of rare Beatles letter tells his story — it was lodged in antiques book
- New Mounted Memories plaque display features Beatles in 1965
- DVD’s appraisal of Lennon-McCartney solo years brings viewers to debate
- Beatles ‘Let It Be’ director drops hint about DVD release date
- Did Paul McCartney write a letter for Beatles drummer?
- The video Herman Cain wants to forget: his takeoff on Lennon’s ‘Imagine’
- Beatles return to Carnegie Hall in exhibit of rare photos (slideshow)
- ‘Fifth Beatle’ stage musical opening in Liverpool canceled
- Director picked for film about Beatles Apple; old building gets facelift (pics)
- McCartney guitarist combines his own and Macca songs in live show (show video)
- Lenny Kravitz makes short list of fave Lennon songs for Rolling Stone
- George Harrison LITMW UK bonus audio disc making its way to the U.S.
- Paul McCartney makes first public statement about ‘really great’ wedding day
- Julian Lennon, May Pang, more show support for Lupus Foundation gala (pics)
- Yoko Ono launches new effort to battle world hunger
- Maybe he was amazed – McCartney picks art contest entry showing trademark bass
- Storybook McCartney wedding lives up to its billing
- Andy Timmons Band offer bonus with advance orders of ‘Sgt. Pepper’ CD
- Paul McCartney announces flurry of new On the Run tour European dates
- Beatles fans can help make film of fan club secretary’s memories a reality
- All my loving: Paul McCartney’s storybook wedding album (pics, video)
- They were in the news today, oh boy!: how Sir Paul and bride made the front page
- John Lennon 2010 70th birthday tribute concert to get CD release
- REVIEW: Book tells everything to know about Beatles on Parlophone Records
- REVIEW: Bill Frisell’s guitar tribute to John Lennon strikes the right chords
- John Lennon book cover project was ‘brilliant idea,’ author says
- Elvis Presley meets the Beatles in new exhibit opened in Liverpool (pictures)
- Viewer at screening calls George Harrison film mesmerizing: exclusive photos
- Consumer alert: Problems with McCartney “Ocean’s Kingdom” download resolved
- Olivia Harrison, Martin Scorsese enchant fans at Beatle doc screening (pics)
- Tech talk: To see George Harrison Scorsese doc without HBO, consider new player
- LIFE releasing George Harrison issue in hardcover with different picture
- George Harrison DVD with rare footage coming to U.S.?
- REVIEW: Julian Lennon’s new album filled with reminders of his father