For many Americans, Labor Day signifies the unofficial end to a busy summer season. Whether you plan on celebrating the long holiday weekend quietly with a small family get-together or celebrate with a great big bash, Labor Day is the perfect time to get your grill on with some of the smokin’ barbecue recipes!
Smokin’ Labor Day Recipes
Burgers & Beef Recipes for the Grill
- Juiciest Hamburger Ever – Who wants a dried out burger to munch on? This recipe calls for ground beef, egg, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Backyard Burger – This recipe calls for lean ground beef, Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing mix, fresh parsley, potato chips, jalapeno jelly, sour cream, red pepper and jalapeno pepper.
- BLT Burgers – You’ll need lean ground beef, sesame hamburger buns, bacon, light mayo and seasoning for this recipe.
- Inside Out Cheeseburger – You’ll need Cheddar and Gruyere cheese, lean ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and spices for this one.
- Teriyaki Steak Kabobs – Delish!
Chicken & Turkey Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Blue Cheese Dressing – Not in the mood for a burger? This recipe calls for light sour cream, reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles, Worcestershire sauce, ground chicken, hot pepper sauce, seasonings, Kaiser rolls, lettuce and celery.
- BBQ Barbie – Mini-Chicken Sliders – This recipe calls for chicken breast, onion, sugar, brioche rolls, , tomatoes, havarti cheese and iceberg lettuce.
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit – You’ll need chicken breasts, pecans, red wine vinegar, white sugar, vegetable oil, onion, mustard, lettuce and strawberries.
- Barbecue Feta and Hot Banana Pepper Turkey Burgers – You’ll need ground turkey, banana peppers, feta cheese and seasonings for this recipe.
- Feta Cheese Turkey Burger – This recipe calls for ground turkey, feta cheese, kalamata olives and seasoning.
- Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Oregano – This bbq recipe calls for chicken breasts, lemons, fresh oregano and olive oil.
Fish & Pork BBQ Recipes
- Caramelized Grilled Salmon – This recipe calls for fillet of salmon, coarse sea salt, brown sugar and dill weed.
- Beer-Basted Pulled Pork Sliders – This recipe calls for 1 pork butt, slider buns, KC Masterpiece Original Barbecue Sauce, dark beer, butter, Worcestershire and soy sauce and seasonings.
- Stuffed Barbecue Shrimp – How ’bout a little shrimp on the barbie?
- Grilled Bacon Jalapeno Wraps – ‘Nuff said!
- Veggie Pizza on the Grill – While this homemade pizza is perfect for veggie lovers, you can also add other toppings of your choice as well.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob – This recipe calls for fresh corn, butter and seasoning.
- Grilled Mexican Corn – You’ll need corn, yogurt, Cotija cheese, mayo, lime juice and spices for this grilled corn recipe.
- Southern Style Stuffed Peppers – You’ll need chipotle, black beans, limes, chorizo sausage, fresh corn,
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Parsley and Garlic – Besides fresh corn, you’ll need butter, garlic cloves, parsley and lemon juice for this recipe.
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers – This recipe calls for cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and garlic powder.
- Grilled Eggplant Panini – This recipe calls for eggplant, whole-grain country brea, mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, onion, reduce-fat mayo and fresh basil.
- Grilled Eggplant and Portobello Sandwich – This recipe calls for eggplant, portobello mushrooms, arugula or spinach and tomato.
- BBQ Skins – You’ll need russet potatoes, cooked bacon, butter, Cheddar cheese, pulled pork, barbecue sauce, sour cream and chives for this recipe.
Fruit on the Barbie
- Campfire Banana Splits Recipe – This recipe is sure to be a great big hit with young and old alike! You’ll need large bananas, chocolate chips and marshmallows for this recipe.
- Skewered Cantalope – This recipe calls for butter, honey, fresh mint and cantalope. Don’t forget the skewers.
- Grilled Georgia Peaches – The perfect end to a perfect meal. Yum!
Need help grilling? Check out these Easy grilling tips.
For more Labor Day fun, be sure to check out Free Labor Day Crafts & Activities for Kids, Labor Day Quotes & Sayings and more Labor Day Recipe Ideas including Beer ‘Garitas, Lime Chile Beer, Lemon Soda Float, Beer Can Chicken, Battered Chicken Wings, Red River Burgers, Potato Salad, Amaretto Cheesecake and more! Yum!