In keeping with tradition, Boreal Mountain ski resort will be the first California ski resort to run its lifts again this season.
The Lake Tahoe area resort will open this Friday afternoon (Oct. 28) and also on Saturday.
Boreal continues its commitment to early season snowmaking and operations for skiing and snowboarding, granting access to one run featuring a terrain park with four to five terrain park features.
Lift tickets are a bargain at $15 lift tickets for all ages.
Conditions permitting, the operating schedule is:
- Friday, Oct. 28: 3 to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 29: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Resort services will be available including season pass sales, food, beverages, and retail. Gated access to the mountain, valid lift tickets and passes permitted in the gated area only. Lift tickets are subject to sellout. All 2011/12 Boreal season passes are valid Oct. 28-29 and will be available for purchase onsite at a discounted rate. Due to limited terrain, no beginner terrain or ski school will be available this weekend.
To celebrate the beginning of the season, the 7th annual Jibassic Public Invitational (JPI.7), Boreal’s pre-season jib contest, will take place on Saturday from 10 a.m. until noon. JPI.7 is open to the public. A $1,000 in cash will be handed out in the public park, open to all and built to Boreal terrain park perfection.
For more information, visit skiboreal.com or call 530 426-3666 ext. 180.
Read more knotmove.com ski stories:
- Northstar, Heavenly making snow; set Nov. 18 as opening date
- Boreal making snow, could open this Friday (Oct. 28)
- Northstar ski resort will unveil new quad chair this season on Backside
- Squaw Valley’s Julia Mancuso begins World Cup season
- What’s Shaun White make in endorsements?
- Sierra-at-Tahoe still has season pass deals
- Snowbomb Festival shows take place November in San Franicsco, Santa Clara
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new SF Skiing Examiner articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above.
Continue reading on knotmove.com Sierra-at-Tahoe ski resort ranked in Top 10 by snowboarders in TransWorld poll – San Francisco skiing | knotmove.com http://knotmove.com/skiing-in-san-francisco/sierra-at-tahoe-ski-resort-ranked-among-top-10-by-snowboarders#ixzz1c2UbFaG5