Relationships can be a struggle even under the best of circumstances. But when illness strikes, our love and perseverance can be severely tested. The dise-ease can take on a life of its own and interfere with romance, affection, sexuality and ultimately the sense of loving and being loved.
When we are healthy, or unaware that we have an internal health issue, we often do not appreciate life as it is. We may complain about trivial inconveniences and make unnecessary demands upon our partners and loved ones. But when we are face with a life or death situation, an illness that can become fatal, our entire perspective naturally changes.
When we receive a diagnosis from a medical professional, some of us take it as a life sentence and follow instructions precistely. Others decide to take the bull by the horn, study, learn about the illness and discover opportunities for healing that may not at first be apparent.
Recently, I visited Hippocrates Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida, about 45 minutes from my home. This is a true healing retreat. The envirionment is just beautiful with landscaping and trails with small statues and peaceful surroundings. They offer many physical activities like jogging on the paths, swimming and bike riding. However, there are no TV’s, no newspapers, no junk food, no alcohol, no cigarettes, no desserts, no sodas and not many of the types of things we do to escape facing our own self.
They offer classes about how to prepare and eat healthy, raw foods. They have a perspective that the diet needs to be 80% pure and the other 20% can be flexible and include some of the “less healthy” food choices.
People arrive at Hippocrates Institue from around the world, seeking a better solution to their poor prognosis. Many have been diagnosed with cancer. I met one lady who has breast cancer and chose to stay at the retreat for 2 full weeks to jump start her own healing process and learn how to prepare healing food for herself. Another lady I met had been diagnosed with lymphoma, years earlier, but was healing her own body through several different internal intestinal and liver and gall bladder cleanses along with enemas. She shared that she feels more energetic now than at any previous time in her life.
For more information about this soothing, calming, healing retreat:
Hippocrates Health Institute, 1465 Skees Rd., West Palm Beach, FL 33411
If you are struggling with confusion, indecision and making your own choices for your life, schedule a counseling or consulting session at DrEricaWellness.com
Remember, your life is your own. Receiving the news that your body is harboring some sort of illness can be a new beginning for you, a time to take stock of your life, develop new healthy habits and a new life perspective. The choice is yours.
Share your thoughts about healing and health. Would you or could you take the natural route to healing or would you rather stick with a medical tradition that may or may not help you to heal?