Like before, the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series has us globetrotting across various continents. Thereby, we sometimes find ourselves in a multiplayer map online where we are almost on top of each other. This is because the maps were made so small. There is definite facts that point to at least another small map in this years Modern Warfare 3.
The maps, like before, show us the evil plan that Activision and Sledgehammer Games have that have not refreained from as before. Mayhem and madness is the words I like to use when describing those small maps where your kill/death ratio plummets as spawn campers unload clip after clip into your body as you keep returning to the same spot. Hopefully, they have this problem fixed. Because there is always some idiot that loves doing this in every game.
The maps, from what I have seen look great, and they should not disappoint even the hardest of the hardcore gamer out there.
Here they are:
- Underground– This bombed-out train station should look familiar to anyone who’s ridden the tube in London. The Underground map offers plenty of places to battle, including a two-story office building, a train station, a bridge that goes over the tracks, and even the tops of the train cars themselves.
- Village– This map is set in the jungle, and portions of this muddy area take place in a third-world market that somewhat resembles Modern Warfare 2’s Favela. When you’re not sprinting down the chicken-filled streets, you can post up on a large, elevated rock to pick off unsuspecting foes.
- Paris– With the Eiffel Tower looming in the background, Paris is the most immediately recognizable map. Shops and storefront cafe’s are in various stages of disrepair as you fight through this war-torn city.
- Dome– Set in a dusty radar facility, Dome is the smallest of the levels. Its lack of real estate makes it a particularly hectic experience if you’re playing Domination, as close quarter battles for control points is a regular occurrence.
- Plaza 2– With a mixture of interior shopping areas and outdoor courtyards, Plaza 2 will remind you of Terminal from Modern Warfare 2 without the planes. Escalators will be the primary means of changing altitude, and store counters act as frequent cover sources.
All in all, Modern Warfare will be a great game. With the maps, as I have covered here, and their newest addition to the online multiplayer gameplay, that I mentioned in one of my other articles, called Modern Warfare 3 Elite, and their addition to killstreaks that I covered called Modern Warfare 3 Killstreaks, this game is gonna rock! I’ll see you online!