If you need a little pick-me-up after the National Drink Beer Day celebration, you’re in luck! September 29th is National Coffee Day (NCD), also called Free Coffee Day!
Ever since a goat herder in Ethiopia “discovered” coffee back in the 9th century, folks have been enjoying coffee ever since! According to a recent survey, two-thirds of Americans drink coffee. It’s estimated that more than 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed annually. Now that’s a lotta Joe!
According to a recent survey, about 34 percent of people say they need coffee to get them through the day, with scientists/lab technicians needing that extra jolt of caffeine the most. Whether you prefer yours steamin’ hot or ice cold, Americans sure do love their coffee!
In honor of the annual holiday, participating businesses around the country are offering free, specials or discounted coffee.
Where to Get Free & Cheap Coffee on NCD 2011
- All Thorntons locations will take part in the celebration by offering free coffee or cappuccino to all its customers. All brands of coffee and cappuccino are included in the freebie, which will take place from 6:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, September 29th.
- Participating Krispy Kreme locations are offering a free, medium sized, 12-ounce cup of House Blend Coffee, while supplies last. In America and Canada – one free cuppa Joe per customer.
- Participating 7-Eleven stores in the U.S. and Canada are also serving up free 16-ounce, medium coffee from 7:00 to 11:00 A.M. on September 29th, 2011.
- All Wilson Farms, Sugarcreek and Wilson Farms Xpress locations are offering free 16-ounce coffee, cappuccino, tea or hot chocolates from 7:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M
- Some McDonald’s are also participating in the event with a free, small, hot premium roast coffee all day long.
- Klatch Coffee is offering a variety of freebies in honor of National Coffee Day. Get a free single Macchiato from 7-8:00, a free single Espresso from 10-11:00, a free Bru Bar Special from 2-3:00 P.M. and a free Traditional Cappuccino from 6-7:00 P.M. One offer per person.
- LaMar’s Donuts is also offering a free, 12-ounce cup of coffee with printable coupon. LaMars is also offering a free LaMar’s Cold/Hot Cup with every purchase of the Donut Duo (beverage and a donut.) That promotion expires September 30, 2011.
- Café Brazil is offering a free bottomless cup of coffee with the purchase of an entrée from 6-midnight on National Coffee Day.
- Caribou Coffee is offering buy one, get one free coffee drinks at participating locations with printable coupon. One offer per person.
Not all locations will be participating in the free or discounted offer. Please call ahead or check the website for details.
Today is also World Heart Day, Goose Day and All Angels Day. So wake up and smell the coffee, Ameirca, and enjoy your free cuppa coffee. Happy National Coffee Day – Pass it on!
It’s time to be thinking about Halloween. Here are a few links to get you started!
- Free Halloween Stencils & Templates
- Halloween Recipe Websites – Creepy Cocktails & Defrightful Dishes
- Top 10 Halloween Costume Websites for Kids & Pets
- Visit Virtual Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Scary Ghost Stories and Creepy Paranormal Video Websites
- Celebrate Halloween with Free Printable Projects