If you’re feeling a little stressed out and overwhelmed these days, today may be your lucky day especially if an ice cold brew helps you unwind after a hard day’s work. September 28th is National Drink Beer Day!
Drink Beer Day
Whether you call it Drink a Beer Day, Drink Beer Day or National Drink Beer Day, this annual “holiday” is dedicated to beer lovers and beer connoisseurs across America. And for those of you living outside the United States, there’s a special beer day for you, too! August 5th is International Beer Day.
Folks have been enjoying beer for thousands of years. Not only did prehistoric nomads make beer before learning to make bread, it is also believed beer was onboard Noah’s Ark! While some experts believe consuming one beer a day may lower your risk of cardiovascular disease and kidney stones, it is important to note that alcohol affects people differently and like most things in life, moderation is key.
Great American Beer Festival
Since 1982, people around the country have been flocking to the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) in Denver, Co. Over 46,000 people attend the three-day event, which is listed as one of the top 1,000 places in America to visit before you die! Hundreds of the nation’s finest breweries offer a public tasting session with more than 2,400 different beers. But you better hurry if you want to attend. Tickets sell out fast!
- Bloody Brew – Just in time for Halloween, this cocktail recipe calls for beer, vodka, tomato juice and a dill pickle spear.
- Dirty Blonde – In the mood for a Dirty Blonde? You’ll need Guinness and Stella Artois for this one.
- Beer-Mosa – This cocktail calls for orange juice and Belgian white beer.
- Pumpkin Beer Recipe – If you want to make your own homemade brew, check out this recipe.
- Moscow Mule – You’ll need vodka, lime juice, lime and some ginger beer for this one.
- Beer Margaritas – This cocktail recipe calls for tequila, frozen limeade concentrate, a lime and of course, beer!
While some folks celebrate National Drink Beer Day every day, today is the perfect time to raise a glass with friends, family or co-workers and sip on some suds. And just in case you need it, tomorrow is National Coffee Day which means, free and cheap coffee! It goes without saying, please drink responsibly. Cheers!
It’s also time to be thinking about Halloween. Check out these fun Halloween recipes, beverages, pumpkin templates and creepy activities for kids of all ages:
- Halloween Recipes: Creepy treats and scary snacks
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Free Pumpkin Decorating Projects for a Spook-tacular Halloween
- Creepy Crafts and Activities for Halloween
- Free Printable Halloween Projects
- Free Halloween Pumpkin Stencils & Templates
- Halloween for Kids
- 15 Creepy Movies for Halloween
- Scary Ghost Stories and Creepy Paranormal Video Websites
- Visit Virtual Haunted Houses for Halloween
- Top 10 Homemade Halloween Costumes Websites for Kids and Pets