The CoAlliance of Business Associations (COBA) Summit is an opportunity for small businesses to participate in one-on-one conversations with large companies and government agencies.
COBA is a membership organization.Membership dues are $50.00 per calendar year, January through December. Here are a few of the membership advantages:
- Metro Louisville Home Page
- Economic Development
- Starting a Business
- Loan Programs
- Development Incentives
- Metro News
Kentucky offers industry partnership grants totaling $500,000 to encourage future growth industries, Open bids with Louisville Metro Government are listed online. The Kentucky Workforce Investment Board (KWIB) is now accepting proposals for grants ranging from $5,000 – $65,000 each to create industry partnerships that will encourage employers to build a talent pipeline to support five industry sectors that the state has targeted. Applications addressing regional targeted sectors will also be considered. The deadline for the request for proposals (RFP) is Oct. 10, 2011. For details, send an email to email@example.com.
The Kentucky Small Business Resource Guide at http://www.sbaguides.com/pdf/english/kentucky.pdfand Tarc has issues a RFP (P-2430 for Public Relations and Marketing Services.
The Louisville and Southern Indiana Bridges Authority is issuing a Request for Information (RFI) to obtain responses from private industry that could help the Authority plan and structure the procurement process for the Louisville-Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridges Project (the Project). All responses are due by Friday, September 30that 4:00 p.m. EDT. .
The board members of COBA include:
- Henry Bank, President, Valley Station Area Business Association
- Darlene Strobl, Administration, Co-Alliance of Business Association
- Sherry Mulkins, Treasurer, St. Matthews Area Business Association
- Peggy Baas, Ex. Officio, Economic Development
- John Cosby, Board Member, Jeffersontown Chamber of Commerce
- Chad Douglas, Board Member, North east Louisville Business Association
- John Fischer, Ex-Officio, Economic Development
- Jackie Pennington, Board Member, South Central Business Association
- Cathy Robertson, Board Member, Lyndon Area Business Association
- George Timmering, Board Member, Highland Commerce Guild
COBA members include:
- Cane Run Area Business Association
- East Market District Association
- Fern Creek Community Association & Chamber of Commerce
- Frankfort Ave. Business Association
- Highland Commerce Guild
- Iroquois Area Business Association (Member 2011)
- Lyndon Area Business Association
- Main Street Business Association
- North East Louisville Business Association
- Okolona Business and Professional Association
- Old Louisville Chamber of Commerce
- Prospect Area Chamber of Commerce
- River Road Business Assoc.
- Shippingport Centre Business Association, Inc.
- St. Mathews Area Business Association
- South Central Area Business Association
- Valley Station Area Business Association (Member 2011)
A few of the agencies participating include:
- Metropolitan Sew District (MSD
- Louisville Water
- General Electric
- Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS)
Attendees will have an opportunity to speak directly with representatives from large companies, gain contracts, consult certification agencies and meet with service agencies.
The Summit will be held on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 with registration beginning at 8:00 a.m. and the race begins at 9:00 a.m. The cost is $25 per person or two individuals for $45 and will be located at The Olmsted, 3701 Frankfort Avenue.
Attendees can choose the morning session, 10:00 a.m. – noon or the afternoon session from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Registration is required as well as reserving a spot for