Vendors for Arizona Christmas tree permits have been released by USFS in Arizona. The map of cutting regions still isn’t available, but permits will go on sale October 13 at Western Drug in Springerville, Arizona and Creekside Steakhouse near Payson. If you want to cut your own Christmas tree in Arizona, act early as some regions are expected to sell out quickly.
Starting October 15, you’ll also be able to buy Arizona Christmas tree permits in one of 17 Big Five Sporting Goods stores across Arizona. See below for a full list of vendors. Additionally, from mid-November, four of the five participating forests will start selling over-the-counter permits.
In 2011, Arizona’s Cut-your-own Christmas tree season runs between 19 November and Christmas Day; participating forests are Coconino, Kaibab, Apache-Sitgreaves, Prescott or Tonto. Click here for fuller details of the Arizona Christmas tree permit system.
Arizona Christmas tree permit sellers in Arizona from October 13:
- Springerville: Western Drug Store, 106 East Main Street, 928-333-4321
- Payson: Creekside Steakhouse, 1520 East Christopher Creek Loop, 928-478-4389
Arizona Big Five Sporting Goods Stores selling cut-your-own Christmas tree permits, October 15
- Avondale/Goodyear: 1623 North Dysart Road, 623-535-0384
- Chandler: 2050 North Arizona Avenue, 480-821-9226
- Flagstaff: 2775 Woodlands Village Boulevard, 928-214-0590
- Glendale: 5490 West Bell Road, 602-548-5794
- Kingman: 3320 North Stockton Hill Road, 928-692-4944
- Mesa: 2930 North Power Road, 480-854-1889
- Mesa/Gilbert: 1244 South Gilbert Road, 480-507-0137
- Mojave: 1835 Hwy 95, Bullhead City, 928-763-0608
- Paradise Valley: 4623 East Cactus Road, 602-953-0305
- Phoenix/Bell Rd: 1919 West Bell Road, 602-863-1309
- Phoenix/East: 3560 East Thomas Road, 602-955-9601
- Phoenix/West: 7710 West Thomas Road, 623-848-4800
- Prescott: 6106 Highway 69, Prescott Valley, 928-759-0013
- Show Low: 4441 South White Mountain, 928-537-5551
- Scottsdale: 3330 Hayden Road, 480-941-4387
- Tucson: 5695 East Speedway Boulevard, 520-296-3326
- Yuma: 505 Catalina Drive, 928-726-2884
National forests selling over-the-counter Arizona Christmas tree permits from mid-November
- Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests 928-333-6280
- Coconino National Forest 928-527-3600
- Kaibab National Forest 928-635-5600
- Prescott National Forest 928-443-8000
- Earth Science Week, National Fossil Day at Grand Canyon
- Texas forest fire restrictions post-wildfire
Do you boondock or dry camp in your RV? Subscribe to this column or read it in your feed reader to get fresh updates on the boondocking life. You can also follow the RV Boondocking Facebook page or on Twitter to read more about special programs like cutting your own Christmas trees in Arizona forests.