Rail accessibility has expanded the transportation options to people with disabilities. Once limited to vehicle transportation, they can now travel further distances, and sometimes independently.
Easter Seals Promising Practices and Solutions in Accessible Transportation offers a FREE webinar: Ensuring Equal Access to a Growing Transportation Mode.
Rail Accessibility: Ensuring Equal Access to a Growing Transportation Mode—Webinar
On December 1 at 2 p.m., ESPA will conduct a webinar, Rail Accessibility: Ensuring Equal Access to a Growing Transportation Mode. Rail is becoming an increasingly popular transportation mode with record ridership among existing systems, new light-rail development in multiple cities, and plans for implementing high-speed rail across the country.
This webinar will focus on how accessibility features are currently being included in the design of new rail projects, how they were built into those projects, and how other designers and communities can include accessibility in the planning process for future projects.
Who should attend?
- Planning and design professionals for rail projects
- ADA coordinators overseeing rail projects
- Transportation providers with existing or interested in starting rail projects
- People with disabilities interested in accessible rail travel
- Rail engineers
What will you learn?
- Background information on why accessible rail is important
- Design features that allow travelers with disabilities to enjoy rail
- What’s involved in building an accessible rail system
- Lessons learned from earlier rail projects
- Richard Devylder, Senior Advisor for Accessible Transportation, U.S. DOT
- Lauren Skiver, Deputy Chief Operations Officer, Maryland Transit Administration. A representative from a rail project that is currently being developed
Resources for this event will be available for download from this page approximately 2 days prior to the event.
Event Date: December 1, 2011
Event Time: 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. EDT | 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. CDT | 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. MDT | 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PDT
Registration deadline: November 25, 2011
Note: Space for this event is limited. When possible, please share one registration and phone line.
To ask questions of the presenters in advance or for general inquiries about the event, please contact us at ESPADistanceLearning@easterseals.com and put “Rail Accessibility” in the subject line.
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2011
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
If you’d like to attend this event you can RSVP online.
For more information:
Easter Seals – Richmond
6917 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
Did you find this article informative? Receive email alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the “Subscribe” button above.