Everyone longs for transformation. Living in the same space day after day we fantasize of what décor we can change. Everybody has a dream room; whether it is an amazing Master Suite or a Gourmet Kitchen.
At some point it is time to redecorate or you may be moving and have the excitement of planning and decorating a new abode. As you ponder paint colors, types of flooring, appliances, fixtures, and furnishings the project can become overwhelming. With so many choices you stop and shout “help me”!
Help is on the way; you have a few options:
Hire an Interior Designer; you can hire a professional (such as weberlifedesign) to do your complete project for you from plans and choosing finishes and furnishings to hiring the contractors and overseeing everything.
Consultation with an Interior Designer; this is much less costly than having the designer oversee the complete project. An Interior Designer (such as Carol at weberlifedesign) will charge you a small fee to answer important design questions, help you choose paint colors, and make small suggestions. They will also offer a la cart services (floor plans, furniture specifications, etc.) as needed, on a fee or hourly basis.
Have fun, research and do-it-yourself; for help read my articles on drawing your own floor plan, and Interior Design Tips. Check out all of my flooring articles so that you can make an informed decision on tile, wood or laminate, and carpet types and materials. Get tips on painting and painting ideas, as well as alternative finishes for your walls. You can learn how to cover the walls on a budget and a new temporary wall paper. Check out the latest cheetah trend and paint colors.
Home Depot has a new Home Inspiration Tool that allows you to view by room or type to see the latest trends and styles
- You first select your room; Bathroom, Bedroom, Dining, Kitchen, and Living & Family. Home Depot gives you a few choices to pick for each room.
- Your room will then be displayed on the screen for you to begin choosing your finishes.
After you pick the room it is time to begin designing your room
- Home Depot gives you a choice of flooring to try out; see what your room looks like with carpeting or a wood floor, maybe you want tile with an area rug. You will get to see what your choices will look like in your room.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms give you options for cabinetry and appliance finishes as well as countertops and backsplashes.
- The paint choices are tremendous. Check out an array of color choices. See how a contrasting color on an accent wall will look. Choose molding colors.
Have fun with your decorating project. Do not be afraid to try something new and exciting. Never be afraid to dance!
Read and subscribe to my articles written for the New York Examiner
Be sure to subscribe to my National Interior Decorating articles as well
Check out my blog site! http://weberlifedesign.wordpress.com/. Support my blog; go to top right corner of my blog page, enter email