Hardly noticed during the media furor about the death of Libyan tyrant Gadhafi- — Thursday, October 20, the campaign of GOP Presidential front runner, Mitt Romney, quietly launched an assault website to defeat Rick Perry.
The name of the site, Careerpolitician.com, is a dead give-away of its intent – an all-out-campaign effort to label Romney’s rival with with the strongest governing experience, three-term Texas Governor Rick Perry, as a “career politician.” All videos, images, and text carries a single urgent theme, create the impression that Rick Perry is Barack Obama falsely running under a GOP label.
Are Mitt Romney ads distorting Perry’s record?
- Rick Perry’s REAL JOB STATS — By the numbers, by the jobs, by states
- Immigration — Rick Perry’s Texas ‘Dream Act’: Too complex for a sound bite
- A Real Look at Rick Perry’s Texas Dream Act
- Jobs & economy: Rick Perry ‘talks straight. It’s hard to tap dance in boots’
- PREMIERE!!! Funniest Rick Perry – Obama illustrations
- Rick Perry says Texas economy is good because: Texas doesn’t over-regulate; Texas doesn’t over-tax & Texas doesn’t over-litigate
- Rick Perry defies Obama & Mexico: Texas executes Humberto Leal Garcia
- Gov. Perry has proven jobs smarts but Carville says Rick is ‘not bright’
- 1990 Rick Perry video ad for agriculture commissioner – decked out in western wear. Not even the Marlboro Man could look more natural.
- Gov Rick Perry: Texas economy & jobs success a business model for all states
The headline message at the site reads, “Career politicians got us into this mess. They won’t get us out,” followed by a blurb that attacks Perry’s 26 years of governing experience:
Rick Perry has spent his entire career in political office, and has no experience in the real world economy. America is facing a jobs crisis with unemployment above 9% and millions of Americans out of work. Our nation needs an economic turnaround led by Mitt Romney, who has spent his life in the private sector and knows how jobs are created, and why they are lost. Career politicians got us into this mess, and they won’t help us get out of it.
The site is set-up with images of Perry overprinted with issues that Romney thinks spotlight Perry’s greatest voter weaknesses, with most hyperlinked to Romney political ads. It hits all of the hot button issues — jobs and unemployment in Texas, Perry’s immigration woes, Perry’s long time tenure as Texas governor, and more.