If you want to dress as a cat from Cats for Halloween or as the quintessential, traditional kitty, you can ensemble your outfit by visiting the One Stop Party Shoppe in South Portland, Maine and the Finer Points Dance Shop in Portland, Maine.
To dress as a cat from Cats, you can obtain the following from the One Stop Party Shoppe:
- Feather boa (no cord) in various primary colors: $5.50/each
- Wig: the closest wig to Demeter’s “do” is the Frenzy Wig at $12.99
- Wig cap: $1.50/each
- Collar: Black Vinyl Chocker at $4.50 (no spikes) and Studded Collar at $1.99
- Gloves in white, black, and red: long, $3.99/pair; short, $3.50/pair
- Makeup/face-paint: $2.50/color to $39.99/palette
Costume or theater face-paints differ from more temporary, water-based face-paints. The One Stop Party Shoppe carries both, including Mehron Clown White (cream-based) and Mehron Fantasy F-X colors (grease-based) plus Wolfe Brothers water-based products. For the highest quality, Cats expert Kezia Moore suggests Ben Nye products.
To dress as a traditional, if provocative, cat for Halloween, you can also find these items at the One Stop Party Shoppe:
- Black leather cat ears: $6.50/each
- Sexy cat ears: $6.50/each
- Cat tail: $4.50/each
- Catsuit: $35.99
- Cat Woman Kit: $15.99/kit
- Cat in the Hat Accessories Kit: $15.99/kit
- Lion/tiger masks: $1.65/each
At the Finer Points Dance Shop, you can find leotards, body liners, and legwarmers:
- Leotards for adults: short and long-sleeve from $19.50 to $40/each
- Body liners/stockings: $20 to $30/each
- Legwarmers in pink, gray, and black: $11 to $14/pair
- Legwarmers with paw design: $19.95/pair
Finer Points Dance Shop sells a limited number of unitards ($25+) and tights in a variety of colors.
Get your shopping done soon: Halloween is only two weeks away!
One Stop Party Shoppe
262 Main Street, Route One
South Portland, Maine 04106
Finer Points Dance Shop
140 Preble Street
Portland, Maine 04101