Apple recipes are always good to have on hand any time of the year. The tricky part is finding an easy apple recipe with a new twist! Here are a couple recipes to keep on hand for apple dishes beyond dessert.
- 1 pound noodles
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 6 apples, peeled, sliced
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add noodles and cook until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and cinnamon; stir to coat.
- Add reserved noodles to pan; stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are golden-brown and apples are soft. Serve immediately with pork chops for a great meal.
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 sweet crisp apple
- 2t powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill medium bowl with ice, water and lemon juice. Slice apples thinly and let soak for five minutes.
- Place soaked apples on baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 90 minutes until crisp and dry. Cool and serve as a great healthy snack.
Raleigh residents can find apples at your local Lowe’s Foods or Food Lion.
Both of these apple recipes are easy and make a great addition to your recipe box. It’s always nice to find an apple recipe that is beyond the dessert category. Have fun and create a new family favorite with one of these recipes.
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a knotmove.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Foodclick hereto subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquetteclick hereto subscribe
- Raleigh TVclick hereto subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquetteclick hereto subscribe
- National Women’s Healthclick hereto subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with knotmove.com? Click hereto link to knotmove.com and start sharing your knowledge today