Epic Games announced the first DLC pack for Gears of War 3 called the Horde Command Pack. Many questions popped up not long after the announcement and Rod Fergusson took to the air today to answer some of the questions and details the five new Achievements.
- Rust Lung was first built as a medical facility. You can press buttons to raise and lower barriers. It was later changed to a ship but the name never changed.
- Blood Drive is back because it was the number one Horde map on Gears 2 so they wanted to bring it back. It was changed to a darker map to provide a little more balance between the dark and light maps.
- The new fortifications will be on all maps after launch for players that purchase.
- The Command Center is kind of a panic button. It brings in support if you activate. Activating the, Sniper Team (level 1), Mortar Strikes (level 2), Hammer of Dawn (level 3). On Rust Lung and other indoor maps, Onyx Guards will come in with Boomshots or Vulcans and take out everything they can.
- The new Sentry type is a flame Sentry type. It makes Beast mode more challenging.
- The new decoy level is a bot that runs around and fights with you.
- The Silverback changes to a white color on the new level as well as rocket launchers.
- The new characters – Bernie, Onyx Guard, Big Red Dizzy – will also be available in multiplayer and will not have to be unlocked. Once you’ve paid your money, they are available.
- Team Plasma – It changes colors based on whether your are playing Locust or COG.
- Jungle Camo – It’s a static skin.
About the Setup
It’s a Horde focused map pack that will be available in private matches but not on Quick Match or Ranked multiplayer matches. Epic needs to find out the right way to implement the new maps on dedicated servers and then will make the announcement on when they will be available.
Letting players who didn’t purchase the pack play with the those who did acts as a nice taste test.
- 250 Gamerscore Points across 5 achievments. One of the Achievements is Beast mode only.
- Host with the Most – Host a private horde match with a party of 5 players on any of the new DLC maps.(25)
- Places to See Places to Destroy – Host a private beast with a party of 5 players on any of the new DLC maps. (25)
- What Does This Button Do – Using the Silverback rockets and get 500 kills. (50)
- It’s Hammer Time – Max out the new Command Center fortification to level 4. (50)
- Kill Locusts Like a Boss – Defeat a boss wave on hardcore as Onyx Guard for all five players (100)
The Horde Command Pack for Gears of War 3 will be available November 1, 2011 on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 800 MS Points ($10) or as part of the Season Pass.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.