The Circle is bound, and that means they have no individual power at all anymore, which ticks Faye off. Diana insists that it’ll be okay, they just need at least two of them, and the more of them there are, the more powerful it’ll be. When Zachary, who knew Cassie’s mom and knows what they are starts poking around, Faye can’t defend herself, but together, they knock him out and Dawn takes him away. She and Charles mark him so he can’t ever come after the kids again–it had been his plan to kill just one of them to stop the Circle.
Meanwhile, Adam tries to get Cassie a date with his friend Luke to separate himself from her, and it goes badly when she has to keep leaving for things she can’t explain to the guy. Afterward, she promises to Diana that she’d never come between her and Adam and they finally agree to just be friends.
Also meanwhile, Melissa’s fling with Nick goes south when he can’t understand why she likes him and won’t let it be more than sex. Faye shows some heart, though, and tells him to be nice to her or to call it off, and at the end, he’s trying to be nice.
Ever more complicated! So far, it’s in a good way, with the family mysteries lending all these interesting layers to everyone’s scenes–everyone knows something they aren’t telling, so everyone is lying. It’s a bit aggravating that every episode brings in a new character to an already pretty big cast, but so far it hasn’t taken away from the main six, so that’s fine for now.
The parent drama is unfolding nicely, too, and the kids are doing a good job of being in over their heads without even knowing it yet. All in all, quick and mysterious and addictive.
- Faye is a whiny brat, but there’s still a heart under there.
- Nick might have more issues than anyone else, even though he’s hardly had any screen time.
- The Cassie-Adam-Diana thing is building up to a really huge blowout before the end of the season.
- Every episode brings in a new roadblock person and gets them out just as quickly–one should settle in as a real threat and a real villain already.
- Isn’t Cassie’s grandma trying to figure out what’s going on? And shouldn’t there be other grandparents around, too?
What we know:
- Whatever happened to Heather so that she died on the boat with all the parents, Zachary considers it worse than death.
Theories and Questions:
- How far will the parents go to regain their power?
- How soapy will the writers go? If they’re willing to go way far, maybe some of the supposedly-dead parents will come back!
Songs this week:
- Girls like you by The Naked and Famous
- Lovesong by ADELE
- Sirens by The Pack A.D.
- PLL Syle by Phil Ogden Band
- Did I Ever by Leoni
- Dressed In Dresden by The Hundred In the Hands
- Wake Me Up by Girls Love Shoes
Watch The Secret Circle Thursday nights on the CW.
Follow Samantha’s tweets about TV and more @pirategirljack.
More The Secret Circle episode reviews:
- Episode Review: The Secret Circle s01e02 “Bound”
- First Impressions: The Secret Circle