WINNIPEG – Here is the list of events at Aqua Books this week:
- Last Big Book Sell-off (11 a.m. – 9 p.m.) – All books are 50 percent off.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
- Winnipeg Girl Geek Dinner at EAT! bistro (6 p.m.) – For more information, click here.
- Bog River, with From Giants (8 p.m.) – Bog River consists of Ben Hadaller, Carly Dow and Dave Barchyn. Influences of Dixieland, old-tyme, bluegrass, and contemporary folk genres. From Giants (Jaymie Friesen, Gabriella Neufled, Nathan Krahn, and Charles Enns) mixes banjo, cello, percussion, guitars and soaring female vocals. Admission: $10
Thursday, October 27, 2011
U of M Jazz Program Student Ensembles (7 p.m.)
- Winnipeg Marx Reading Group (7:30 p.m.) – Each week, the discussion tackles another facet of Marxist thought. Contact Radhika Desai at desair at cc.umanitoba.ca for more information.
Friday, October 28, 2011
- Accountable Development Works presents “Global Equality: The Ethics of Listening” (7 p.m.) – Discussion about global inequality and the ethics that guide our response. Guests: Muuxi Adam (Somali-Canadian documentary filmmaker and advocate for refugees) and Dr. Alex Zieba (organic farmer, Coordinator of the Philosophy and Humanities Department at Heritage College in Gatineau, Quebec, and ethics advisor on international agribusiness). Admission: $10
Nicole Byblow, with Lindsey White (8 p.m.) – Nicole Byblow writes and performs indie piano pop. She has won the Fred Sherratt Award and shared stages with C.R. Avery and Juno Award winner Stephen Fearing. She recently performed at the 2011 Juno Awards Dinner and Gala. Admission: $5
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Mondo!Musica (8 p.m.) – Persian santurist Amir Amiri, with the Curtis Nowosad Trio. Amir Amiri was born in Tehran, Iran, where he studied the santur, a 72-string hammer dulcimer. He specializes in the Radiff system of Persian classical music. Admission: $10
Aqua Books is located at 274 Garry Street, in Winnipeg.
Cendrine Marrouat may be contacted for potential interviews, reviews and general enquiries at [email protected] or www.cendrinemarrouat.com.