Halloween activities are just some of the fun things to do this weekend. Check out this list of events going on along the north Florida and south Georgia coasts to find the perfect excuse for a day trip:
- Spooktacular at Jacksonville Zoo: Oct 27-31. Get into the Halloween spirit at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. This Halloween, don’t miss Jacksonville’s most magical celebration. Spooktacular is a safe and exciting Halloween adventure for kids of all ages. Learn more.
- Haunted History Tour in St. Marys, GA: Oct. 28. Blending legends with authentic historical events, professional and amateur storytellers, dressed in period costumes, will hold court at 10 noteworthy St. Marys sites. For more info: (912) 882-4000
- Uptown Saturday Night in St. Augustine: October 29. A favorite end-of-the-month event, Uptown Saturday Night takes place from 5pm to 9pm the last Saturday of every month in the Uptown San Marco Shopping District, St. Augustine. Galleries, antique stores and unique shops between Ripley’s Museum and the Mission of Nobre de Dios remain open during this special time. Meet the artists, book signings, live music, refreshments and other events contribute to the party-like atmosphere. The Mission of Nombre de Dios provides FREE PARKING for Uptown Saturday Night. Learn more.
- SCAD Museum of Art Re-opening in Savannah, Georgia: October 29. The expanded and re-imagined SCAD Museum of Art opens its doors to a new era, unveiling the most extensive rehabilitation project the university has undertaken since its inception. The opening will kick off with exhibitions by renowned contemporary artists Stephen Antonakos, Kendall Buster, Alfredo Jaar, Liza Lou, Bill Viola, Kehinde Wiley and a special video performance by Nick Cave. Learn More.
- Saint Augustine Pirate Gathering: October 28-30. What could be more fun for young and old alike than the annual St. Augustine Pirate Gathering. Historians, re-enactors and “casual” pirates will be celebrating the Golden Age of Piracy at St. Frances Field and the Historical Quarter in downtown St. Augustine. Learn more.
- Savannah Film Festival in Savannah, Georgia: October 29-Nov. 5. Hosted by the Savannah College of Art and Design, the Savannah Film Festival features the best in independent and innovative film from around the world. From feature-length films to two-minute shorts, the annual festival presents a full range of cinematic creativity from both award-winning professionals and emerging student filmmakers. Panel discussions and presentations by visiting artists offer movie buffs the unique opportunity to experience the art of film while interacting one-on-one with their favorite filmmakers. Learn more.
- Shalom Y’all Jewish Food Festival in Savannah, Georgia: October 30. This festival is a unique event in Savannah and has enjoyed over twenty years of success! It is held in Savannah’s largest and one of the most charming public areas, Forsyth Park. The festival draws approximately 10,000 people and provides attendees with a taste of ethnic Jewish cuisine as well as family entertainment ranging from music, dance, magic and puppet shows. There is not an admission for this event, but once you have smelled the aroma of all the wonderful cuisine, you will want to purchase tickets for food. The tickets are only $1.00 each and there are two ticket booths on the festival grounds. Learn more.
For more unique destinations and travel ideas visit TravelingAound.com.