Did you know that September was Lice Awareness month?
It shouldn’t surprise us that once school begins, so does the sharing of germs, and lice! It is said that 85% of all school districts report at least one lice outbreak every year and that the majority of the 12 million head lice cases seen annually occur in children age 3-11 years old.
You can help get a handle on lice, lice out breaks and how to handle them with the new Facts of Lice app from Fairy Tales Hair Care. It is the first and only free app to provide real time alerts of lice outbreaks at the local level. With just a few clicks of the iPhone, the app provides parents with a centralized database for outbreak notifications, as well as the information and tools needed to prevent, combat and report outbreaks. Once parents are alerted to an outbreak in their own neighborhood, they’ll know it’s time to step up lice prevention methods at home.
To support the fight against lice, Fairy Tales Hair Care, the leader in natural lice prevention products for children, announced the launch of its first iPhone application, The Facts of Lice™. The first and only app to provide real time alerts of lice outbreaks at the local level, the free app is available at www.itunes.com/appstore.
With a few simple clicks to the iPhone, the app provides parents with a centralized database for outbreak notifications, as well as the tools needed to prevent, combat and report outbreaks. Locations are organized by state and zip code, allowing parents to easily keep tabs on lice outbreaks in local communities across the U.S. Features include the:
· Outbreak tab, providing real time alerts on reported lice outbreaks. Simply search by state and zip code and the app will instantly confirm if an outbreak has been reported in that area within the past four weeks
· Report tab, allowing parents, caregivers and school nurses to report current outbreaks by zip code in real time
· Prevention tab, providing easy guidelines on how to prevent and check for lice if an outbreak has been reported in your area
· Removal tab, featuring instructions on how to remove nits and lice if an outbreak has already occurred in your home
· News tab, reporting the latest lice news and information from Fairy Tales Hair Care
Prevention-minded parents can also help ward off outbreaks with regular use of the Fairy Tales Hair Care Rosemary Repel collection, the natural line of hair care products for children proven to effectively and safely repel lice from the hair.
“We are committed to helping keep kids hair healthy and bug free – without the use of chemical ingredients. With The Facts of Lice app and regular use of our Rosemary Repel products, families will have all the tools they need to safely defend themselves against a lice outbreak,” said Barash.
Founded in 1999, Fairy Tales Hair Care is the U.S. leader in natural lice prevention products for children. Headquartered in Passaic, New Jersey, Fairy Tales Hair Care products are available in over 10,000 salons and specialty stores across the U.S. For more information, call (888) 244-1990 or visit www.fairytaleshaircare.com.
In additon to their lice and hair care products, they also make a natural bug repellant.