Already we are in the third week of the 2011 Fall television premieres and we’re not done yet – some series will not be making their way onto the Fall lineup until October or November. Last week we saw the return of tried and true fan favorites, while this week brings at least one new series to consider its DVR worthiness.
Sunday, September 25, 2011:
~ The Simpsons on FOX – Sunday, 9/25/11, 8:00 p.m./7:00 c.
- In this 22nd season premiere of The Simpsons, TV mom Marge daydreams about being a contestant on Top Chef.
~ The Cleveland Show on FOX – Sunday, 9/25/11, 8:30 p.m./7:00 c.
- Cleveland goes camping in the season 2 premiere of The Cleveland Show. TV mom on this FOX animated comedy is Donna (voiced by Sanaa Lathan).
~ Family Guy on FOX – Sunday, 9/25/11, 9:00 p.m./8:00 c.
- Peter wins the lottery; the family struggles to cope. Lois Griffin (voiced by Alex Borstein) is TV mom to this odd animated family.
~ Desperate Housewives on ABC – Sunday, 9/25/11, 9:00 p.m./8:00 c.
- As the eighth and final season of Desperate Housewives begins, select neighbors from Wisteria Lane will struggle to cope with the guilt of covering up the death of Gaby’s stepfather who died as a result of Carlos defending Gaby. TV moms to watch include Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman), Bree Hodge (Marcia Cross), Susan Delfino (Teri Hatcher), and Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria).
~ The Good Wife on CBS – Sunday, 9/25/11, 9:00 p.m./8:00 c.
- With a new day and time, The Good Wife returns for a third season this Sunday after a major promotional effort over the summer. Lead actress and TV mom to watch, Julianna Margulies, who plays Alicia Florrick recently received an Emmy Award for her role.
*Please note: CBS has posted notices via their Facebook page that due to live NFL football on Sunday their primetime lineup could be delayed for East/Central Time Zone viewers only, check their page for updates.
~ American Dad on FOX – Sunday, 9/25/11, 9:30 p.m./8:30 c.
- Stressed out by his family and life in general, Stan buys a hot tub, but finds himself in “hot water” when it encourages him to do bad things. Francine Smith, voiced by Wendy Schaal, is the TV mom in yet another FOX animated comedy.
Monday, September 26, 2011:
~ Mike & Molly on CBS – Monday, 9/26/11, 9:30 p.m./8:30 c.
- Season 2 of Mike & Molly returns with Emmy Award winning Melissa McCarthy for her role as Molly Flynn, who is excited to get started on wedding planning. Whereas, Mike, played by Billy Gardell, would rather go fishing with his buddies. The TV moms to watch in this side-splitting sitcom are Peggy Biggs (Rondi Reed) and Joyce Flynn (Swoosie Kurtz).
Wednesday, September 28, 2011:
~ Suburgatory on ABC – Wednesday, 9/28/11, 8:30 p.m./7:30 c.
- Will you be tuning in for the series premiere of Suburgatory starring Jeremy Sisto, Jane Levy, Carly Chaikin, Allie Grant, Alan Tudyk, and Cheryl Hines? Suburgatory has single dad (Sisto) George moving himself and his daughter to the suburbs when he discovers a box of condoms on his teenaged daughter’s nightstand. You can imagine that this single dad is quite the draw to the lovely ladies in the ‘burbs.
Thursday, September 29, 2011:
~ Private Practice on ABC – Thursday, 9/29/11, 10:00 p.m./9:00 c.
- Season 5 of Private Practice returns with Cooper, Sam, Amelia, and Charlotte trying to save Pete’s life following his heart attack. Addison moves forward with her plans to have a baby, which leads her to a surprising re-encounter with the sexy Benjamin Bratt who is back as Dr. Jake Reilly (yes, he’s no longer just “the pineapple guy”). TV mom to keep an eye on in this series is Dr. Violet Turner, played by Amy Brenneman.
Which of the TV moms have most caught your eye (and your DVR space) thus far this Fall? Amazingly, we are still not totally through the Fall premiere schedule, so stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted.
Don’t miss out on any of our TV mom moments or lessons, hit the subscribe button following this article to receive free e-mail notifications. You can also keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter @TVMoms101, and GoogleBuzz.