Fashionable Fun Events in the SF Bay Area for October 17th thru October 20th, 2011TUESDAY
- SFMade Orientation, Tuesday, October 18, 2011, TechShop, 926 Howard Street, SF, 6:00 to 7:00 pm
SFMade is hosting an orientation to give people an overview of SFMade’s programs and services and learn how they help make manufacturing companies succeed. No cost to attend.
- PRSSA Fashion Public Relatons, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, San Jose State University, Dwight-Bentel & Hall Communication, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Interested in knowing about fashion public relations, staying in the know about styles and trends, and pitching to high end clients. PRSSA will be joined by the president of San Jose Fashion Week to talk about this and much more.
- Timberland Sundance Film Festival Style Night Out, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, Timberland Store, 845 Market Street, SF, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Timberland is gearing up for its series of “Sundance Film Festival Style Night Out” events! Guests can check out the latest fashion-forward seasonal boots for women from the Timberland Fall 2011 collection and consult with stylist Maggie Hong. Enjoy drinks and appetizers while listening to DJ’d music and getting pictures taken by fashion photographer Caroline Schiff. No cost to attend.
- Cake Plate Boutique Launches Napa Valley Film Festival Pop-up Shop, Wednesday, October 19, 2011, Cake Plate Boutique, 1000 Main Street, Napa, 6:30 to 9:00 pm
Cake Plate Boutique has a new pop-up shop partnership with the Napa Vally Film Festival. The two are hosting a specialty shop inside of Cake Plate Boutique from October 12th until November 15th – replete with 29 Cosmetics, Rachel Horn Interiors and Jeffery Levin jewelry. On Wednesday, October 19th there will be a special stylish screening to the Film Festival. No cost to attend.
A charitable event to get dressed up for is the 8th Annual Benefit Art Auction for the SF Children’s Art Center at 11 Minna Gallery in San Francisco. Mingle, nosh and bid on amazing art from local artists. Make sure to also fit in some time for some great sample sales and fashion events.
- Fox Warehouse Sample Sale, Thursday, October 20 to Sunday, October 23, 2011, 18800 Adams Court, Morgan Hill, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
Save up to 75% at the Fox Warehouse Sale, starting October 20th thru the 23rd and then 5 additional consecutive weekends ending November 27th. Load up on stylish shoes, clothing and accessories.
- N.I.C.E. Collective Deep Discount Moving Sale, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 2111 Market Street, SF, 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
Menswear boutique N.I.C.E. Collective will be packing up and moving from their current Castro district location to their shiny new digs in the Dogpatch. To lighten the load, the shop will be offering 30% off all merchandise in the store, including their latest fall threads by the in-house label.
- Chaiken & Capone Sample Sale, Thursday, October 20 & Friday, October 21, 2011, 116 New Montgomer Street, Suite 820, SF, 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Shop amazing discounts at the Chaiken and Capone Sample Sale! There will be a variety of merchandise and one-of-a-kind samples at the sale available in sizes 2-6. No cost to attend.
- Recycled, Reclaimed, Revenue, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Recology Transfer Station & Environmental Learning Center, 401 Tunnel Avenue, SF, 3:00 to 5:00 pm
This event spotlights the creations of the Recology Artist-In-Residence program and the materials available for the public in use for manufacturing and design. There will be alumni artists who will share examples of actual products made using reclaimed materials. Cost to attend is $20.
- Great Mall Hosts Style Stops, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 447 Great Mall Drive, Milpitas, 5:00 to 9:00 pm
Style shop at the Great Mall will feature 15 of the mall’s most fashion forward retailers, in addition to in store events. Attendees will have access to a fashion stylist for one-on-one consult on looks, accessorizing and more.
- Fashion & Tech Workshop, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Pigment Cosmetics, 1 Market Street, Ste. 140, SF, 5:30 to 9:00 pm
SFFAMA is hosting a Fashion + Tech workshop with the topic of how to maintain successful online boutiques. Cost to attend is $10.
- 440 Brannan Fall Sale Event, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 440 Brannan Studio Showroom, SF, 6:00 to 10:00 pm
The designer showroom at 440 Brannan is opening up its doors for a special sale featuring top local fashion brands gr.dano, Zansus Purses, Jonathan Baker, Hieros, Suzy Tamimi and MENK. This is one night only, so come mingle with designers and peruse their latest fall designs at a discounted price!
- Grit, Gloss & Glamour: 7th Anniversary Party, Thursday, October 20, 2011, Saffron Rare Threads, One Embarcadero Center, SF, 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Local fashion brand Saffron Rare Threads is celebrating the grit, gloss and glamour it has taken to make it to their 7th Anniversary. Join them for food, drinks, fashion show and giveaways!
- Acre/SF Grand Opening Party, Thursday, October 20, 2011, 301 Union Street, SF, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Refinery29 is hosting a special event! Enjoy a custom jewelry event and trunk show with Bliss Lau while your listening to music by local band The Soft White Sixties. Wine and champagne provided by Rock Wall Wines. No cost to attend.