You know you’re not the only one eager to find a good job that feeds on your passion for food when there’s a website out there called ‘Good Food Jobs’. You can also be sure that interest in sustainable food is reaching critical mass when there’s a site specifically geared towards sustainable food jobs.
The San Francisco Bay Area has been a nexus for local and sustainable food and food politics for awhile now, which makes this area a great place to be if you want to work with a company or organization involved with sustainable food.
Start Your Own Good Food Enterprise
Of course you could also strike out on your own. Have you ever imagined starting your own specialty food company, marketing those cookies that all your friends rave about, or maybe even considered going into the food cart business? You will want to check out the resources available through La Cocina, San Francisco’s incubator kitchen for food entrepreneurs.
2948 Folsom St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
info [at] lacinasf [dot] org
How to Start a Food Business in San Francisco — An Orientation to La Cocina
January 18, 2011
Be a Farmer – America Needs 100,000 New Farmers
Maybe you don’t want to make food, prepare food, market food, distribute food, be a food policy wonk, serve food or even teach food. Maybe you want to actually grow food. No one will tell you it will be easy work, but by many accounts it can be incredibly rewarding. (see: Be the Hundredth (Thousand) Farmer)
San Francisco Urban Agriculture Alliance
Sustainable Farming Internships and Apprenticeships
Whether you work as a good food advocate or activists, community organizer, in food sales, marketing and distributing, as a garden manager, journalist or food historian, recipe writer, teacher or any other culinary-related professional you can think of — you can make a good living around good sustainable food. The possibilities seem unlimited: Everybody eats — everybody deserves good food.
more JOB BOARDS:
Social Entrepreneurship For Dummies
Mark Durieux, Robert Stebbins
Discover how to bring social responsibility to your business.
In today’s business world, your bottom line isn’t measured by your company’s financial performance alone. Social Entrepreneurship For Dummies shows you how to implement social responsibility to your business plan in order to increase your bottom line. This book helps any social entrepreneur gain the necessary skills needed to change the system and spread the solution, while providing explanations of the most successful business tools being used today.
- Provides a complete reference on the ideas and processes associated with social entrepreneurship
- Provides a foundation and business plan for those looking to create their own socially oriented business venture
Social Entrepreneurship for Dummies Cheat Sheet
Linchpin: Are You Indispensable
ISBN: ISBN: 978-1-591-84316-0
“The only way to get what you’re worth is to stand out, to exert emotional labor, to be seen as indispensable, and to produce interactions that organizations and people care deeply about.”
Green Careers For Dummies
Carol McClelland, PhD, Founder and Executive Director, Green Career Central
The transition from business-as-usual to a new sustainable economy is opening up a wide range of opportunities that are likely to continue for years to come as clean technologies, new policies, and sustainable standards are adopted. Making sense of this new economy can be tricky, but if you’re committed to finding a career that will have a positive impact on the planet, this accessible guide gives you everything you need to find the job that will set that in motion.
- Discovering the green frontier – learn how to navigate the world of green careers and get the inside scoop on the green economy
- Finding your green focus – set your sights on the green career that matches your interests, highlights your strengths, and leverages your experience and education
- Exploring careers in green industries – get a handle on the immense variety of job titles in the more than 50 industries that make up the green economy
- Using job search 2.0 techniques – harness the Web to grow your green network, advance your green education, and claim your competitive advantage
- Activating your green job search – discover how to target the eco-friendly companies, find openings for your talents, and take your green career to the next level