The Frankenmuth Auto Fest is back again for 2011. Main street in Frankenmuth will be filled with more than two thousand classic cars. This family friendly event includes play areas for the children, a festive atmosphere as families amble down Main St., and plenty of good food from local shops as well as street vendors lined along the route.
You can see some of the best cars from last year’s Auto Fest in this slide show!
Tips for making this trip a great event for the whole family:
1. Good to know:
Families will also appreciate that the streets are closed to through traffic so children and parents can safely admire their favorite cars.
2. What to bring:
– For parents of babies, toddlers, and young children, bringing along a stroller or a wagon is a great idea. This allows you to pack extras.
– Michigan weather is always unpredictable. Bringing a jacket in case the night air becomes a bit crisp is a great idea.
– Bringing along a sippy cups or bottle, and a favorite blankie or lovie will help you little one last longer as you enjoy strolling along the streets and admiring the incredible variety of classic cars. ( With a little luck, baby just might fall asleep!)
3. Walking Conditions:
– The streets of Frankenmuth are immaculately maintained and the landscaping is impeccable. However, the streets do have a bit of an incline to them, so wear your most comfortable shoes. You will be glad you did.
4. Food to eat:
– The fare in Frankenmuth has almost as much variety as the cars in the streets. Taffy, fudge, and ice cream shops are found on almost every block, Zehnders chicken is a classic that is worth the wait. ( Call ahead for reservations, if you plan on dinning here.) , in addition there will be street vendors will children’s favorites like hot dogs and the grown up’s have great alternative’s like German Brats complete with sauerkraut.
– Read here for all the information about Frankenmuth’s Coupon App and Downloadable Coupon Book.
Dates and Times
The Frankemuth Auto Fest is being held Friday September 9, 2011 through Sunday 11, 2011. The Classic Cars will begin entering Heritage Park at 8:00 a.m. on Friday and 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Enjoy your time with your family!