– Why should a witch use a broom when she has parrots for familiars? Monika Dimick Wiese stirs up this brew for us Wiccan Ways: My Flock of Familiars | Monika Magick www.monikamagick.com
– Vampires arise from the dead and can only survive at night. Nearly all parrots are diurnal – or active in the day – but the kakapo, or owl parrot, is the exception. The New Zealand parrot was thought to be extinct until an individual returned from the dead list in 1975..
–They ain’t scared of no ghosts: Wild cockatoos at a backyard feed station in Australia are unfazed by the ghoul in the background. Backyard Galah Cam II on Ustreamwww.ustream.tv Thanks to Viki Bullock!
– “I SAW WILD PARROTS IN NEW YORK CITY!” author George Sommers appears with budgies at Night of 1000 Faces at New England Wildlife Center, Weymouth MA – spooky forest trail lit up by jack o’lanterns! Native wildife including raccoons and turtles on display along with pet exotics. Event is scheduled for Sunday 10/30, 6-8 p.m. (Saturday night event was canceled due to the storm.). http://wildlife-education-center.com/
– Merlin, not the medieval sorceror but Kathy Pierce‘s Congo African grey is a winner at the fall Birds Of A Feather show in Manchester, NH Here’s an inside and upclose video of some of the judging process MOV00156 [HQ]
– A senegal shapeshifter, a cockatoo named for a ghost, a magic pumpkin and possession: tie together in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRiQKJs8dUSage the Senegal meets a monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRT1fiaB4NU It’s a Mary Angel creature double feature.
– Halloween treats for our fids include pumpkin seeds and innards, unsalted/unbuttered popcorn and (noncandy) apples. Bad: candy (especially chocolate), salty snacks, liquor. African Grey enjoying a Pumpkinwww.youtube.com is a video brought to us by Viki Bullock. And, of course; the sequel: Violet- African grey with pumpkin aftermathwww.youtube.com And Viki found this recipe if you REALLY want to get fancy A Fall Recipe Every Bird in the Flock Will Enjoy!
– Need a parrot to authenticate your Halloween pirate costume? Not necessarily. There is no historical evidence linking buccaneers and birds. The first reference appears to be in Robert Louis Stevenson‘s fictional “Treasure Island”.
– Screams are often heard on Halloween, but for birdowners it might be year round. http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm… A Chet Womach blog.
– Velociraptor stalks Aussie forests, suburbs – has killed people with 5 inch claws. This creature makes a convincing case that your parrot may be the descendant of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Bonus: features computer generated dinosaur images and for that “Ewwwww” factor; a “dinosaur” autopsy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VLDK8PuAuI Linda Austin tipped us to this video.
– Real life horror story: Arraignment scheduled for accused hoarderwww2.highlandstoday.com From Viki Bullock.
– “Nutrition Revisited” with Anthony DiBella, CAS — fun ways to boost your bird’s appetite – is the theme for the Nov. 3 Connecticut Parrot Society meeting.
— Also online by this birds and fish examiner: The Top Five Salem MA Halloween Activitieswww.listmyfive.com, Halloween TV Specials , Monsters and Supernatural Beings In Cartoons , Humorous Quotes By Horror Movie Icons ,
Ways to Haunt a House For Halloween