– “Bedtime for Bird-zo” : parrots and sleep (yawn), an article by this examiner in the 10/11 “Pet Gazette” published by Clipper Press of Duxbury, MA also available on line at http://petgazette.net/
– We defy any aviculturist to not find this “Saturday Night Live” “parroty” funny. http://www.myspace.com/video/songburdy/jasper-the-parrot/32783474 Thanks to Amy Hopkins and the Connecticut Association for Aviculture.
– Exploding parrot population in U.S. will cause crisis, predicts national Best Friends Animal Societwww.prweb.com A dark side to the hobby that many parrot owners ignore or are unaware of.; as forwarded by Foster Parrots founder Marc Johnson.
– Mass. Cage Bird Association holds its annual Bird Show/Mart at the Elks Lodge, 40 Old Ferry Rd., Lowell, MA on Sat. 10/15 starting at 8. Admission is $2; FREE for under 12.
– Red tailed cockatoos are adapting to urban life in Australia, much like peregrine falcons are in the US. Frank Indiviglio reports: Rare Cockatoos use Artificial Nests in Perth
– Birds can join the Halloween fun, too; and benefit the very worthy Parrot Toy Angels, an all-volunteer organization committed to providing toys, food and other avian supplies to companion birds in difficult situations. Parrot Toy Angels: Halloween Toyswww.parrottoyangels.co
– African grey theater: Watch them in real time at the Oasis Sanctuary African grey aviary webcam in Benson, AZ. The best time to view is from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, or 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST. At other times you can watch recorded videos, so there’s always something going on! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/oasissanctuary Celebrity CAQ Einstein with new material in http://youtu.be/nbrTOcUnjNY Yet another showboat CAQ shows off some math skills in http://youtu.be/nbrTOcUnjNY Brought to you by Connecticut Association for Aviculture.
– Escaped parrot rumor, old man struck by car and a witness described as a “whack job” all part of a bizarre side story to last year’s Parrot Palooza. This year’s 8th annual weekend festival is the work of Bird Paradise, the world’s largest bird store, in Burlington, NJ. It may not feature quite as much drama, but it will include guest speakers Dr. Irene Pepperberg, Kathy Lance, Lara Joseph and Sy Montgomery, author of “Birdology”. Also appearing is the NJ Birdman & his Exotic Bird Show. What’s more, Bird Paradise is sending a free bus to pick up Connecticut Association for Aviculture and Connecticut Parrot Society members and anyone else who wants to come on Saturday, October 15. For info and to (please) reserve a space ASAP Please contact Amy Hopkins at 203-458-6290 or email@example.com More show info: http://bird-paradise.biz/parrotpalooza.htm
-Lost: Talking African grey parrot stolen in Springfield, MA. Reward offered- no questions asked. Parrots may be novel for a while, but they’re difficult to care for and not for everyone. We hope the perps come to their senses and return someone’s beloved pet. http://westernmass.craigslist.org/pet/2625091481.html FOUND: in North Stonington, CT- “Large, colorful parrot in our yard. Tell me the species and I will compare . If you have a picture, send it. I will give you the address to try and catch the bird. Call or text 860-884-0110,” firstname.lastname@example.org
– ABA is not that ’70s Swedish pop group, but Applied Behaviour Analysis with their Guidelines to ABA for Parrot People — Living With Parrotswww.livingwithparrots.com from Viki Bullock.
– Your parrot will do just fine on a diet of sunflower seeds. NOT! Converting Your Bird to a Healthy Diet www.youtube.comwww.youtube.com
– You wouldn’t know it fromthe current weekend, but the cold weather is knocking on our door, so outdoor activities for pet birds will be increasingly limited. Vitamin D3, important for birds and other creatures. comes from sunshine, but there is an alternative. http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm… from Chet Womach.
– Indian ringneck parakeet lost in Scituate/So.shore MA area. If you see this bird, please write email@example.com. Owner is a personal friend.