– Massachusetts Cage Bird Association: Bay State bird owners meet and participate in fun bird-related activities. Sun. 11/20 1:00 social hour precedes a business meeting at the South Foxboro Community Center. For directions, go to masscagebird.org I, the club
– Thanksgiving Today at Oasis Sanctuarywww.youtube.com from Fran Giallorenzi.
– Parrot Thanksgiving party http://youtu.be/bP_9rKvSdo Einstein the African grey does a turkey impression http://youtu.be/NPJ53WKfT8w Cockatiel is not sure he likes the looks of this http://youtu.be/V7-cTysyrAQ Guess who got dibs on the drumstick. http://youtu.be/hIgxD3QhE-0 – A cornucopia of holiday videos from the Connecticut Association For Aviculture bulletin. ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW AD.
-Three Stooges prepare turkey in “Three Dark Horses”, unaware that it’s already been stuffed with a parrot. Watch the clip here, nyuk, nyuk! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mme0jEjaZvs&feature=related
– If the concept of parrots eating turkey disturbs, here’s video of a parrot and dog sharing an alternaitve. Spaghetti Night – The cockatoo feeding the dogwww.dogwork.com From Susann Laverie.
– Hopefully, none of your “overserved” holiday guests will take a notion to do anything like this at the holiday dinner table. Oscar The Naked Dancing Cockatoowww.youtube.com from Sioux-Elyn Is. Or this, from Cocktaiil Poupas AP: Polly Want a Shot; Drunk Parrots Worry Aussieswww.youtube.com- The inevitable Black Friday commercial, but a fun one featuring parrots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJlG17HtRYY&feature=youtu.be&a “Mahogany Nuts & Pandanus” comes to us from Lara Joseph.
– No football playing parrots (sorry) but we do have turkeys playing fusball, Texas turkeys play soccer **Super Funny**www.youtube.com comes from Fran Giallorenzi.
– Congratulations to Foster Parrots on receiving the Patriotic Employer Award from the Secretary of Defense. Two reservists who work for FP nominated the organization.
– Condolensces to friend of the column Fran Giallorenzi, on the recent loss of her cockatiel friend Tango. Fran is a tireless worker for Parrot Haven Cockatiels.
– Australians don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, but they can be thankful to have wild parrots with strong conservation laws to protect them. Private Reserves Benefit Australia’s Parrots & other Wildlife a Frank Indiviglio blog.
– Wild nanday conures partake in a feast in Malibu (yes, California).. Greenfeather’s Cafewww.youtube.com An Australian safari in search of a rare bird.Palm Cockatoo, Iron Range, Cape York, Australia, 2009www.youtube.com from Cocktaiil Poupas plus wild parrots in peruwww.youtube.com
– My Goffin’s cockatoo would clean her Thanksgiving Day plate, but here’s a different viewpoint: loveyourparrot: The bird that won’t eat fruits or vegetables!loveyourparrot.blogspot.com
– Bummer corner: Some say no good deed goes unpunished – but here’s a case where this cliche doesn’t have to come true Drop all charges against Miami Valley Bird Club Rescue, Dr Brauer, and Jim Tinnell.www.change.org And for an update on the events leading to this:Troy Parrotswww.youtube.com
– Items Needed by Parrot Hope Rescue : Helping the less fortunate is a holiday tradition. It should really should be all year but in any case, this worthy rescue organization has on its wish list.cages, perches, food, dishes, toys, cleaning supplies: carriers and printer ink: Parrot Hope Rescue, P.O. Box 642, Mantua, Ohio 44255, (330) 274-8631 From Viki Bullock.
– “I SAW WILD PARROTS IN NEW YORK CITY!” by this examiner- a great hioliday gift for parrot lvovers of all ages- the true story of the feral Quakers of New York, including the author’s orioginal photography. For ordering info: georgesommers.blogspot.com.
– Chet Womach wants videos of your bird doing something cute, funny, crazy or weird – and offering prizes for the best ones; winners to be announced 12/2. http://www.birdtricks.com/blog/photo-contest-2/