The weather looks good this weekend, and there’s no shortage of fun things to do to benefit homeless pets, so what are you waiting for? Make plans now to get out and have some fun!
Saturday, October 1st
- Legacy Boxer Rescue will hold the annual Mums N’ Roses events at Starbucks, 2104 Airport Freeway in Bedford from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You’ll be able to purchase high quality Mums, Tyler Roses and other blooming plants to get your gardens blooming for the fall season. Prices start at only $5.
- Texas Coalition for Animal Protection will offer low-cost vaccinations from 10:00 a.m. to noon at Canine Courtyard, 3209 Justin Road in Flower Mound. No need to make an appointment – the vaccines are offered on a walk-in basis. A full set of shots for a cat or dog is only $25. They also offer micro-chipping, heartworm testing and heartworm prevention.
- Operation Kindness’ 17th annual Dog Day Afternoon will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Flag Pole Hill at White Rock Lake. Dog Day Afternoon celebrates dogs and the people who love them. Activities include canine contests with great prizes, a free pet psychic, an alumni parade, free face painting, live music by GT Texas, and complimentary micro-chipping for the first 50 dogs. Plus dozens of vendors with free samples, and free goodie bags. Find out more on the DDA website.
- Denton Humane Society presents Barktoberfest from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at North Lakes Park in Denton. The event includes canine contest, a DJ, pet photos, nail clipping, refreshments, Denton Humane Society rescue dogs, as well as representatives from local breed rescue groups, an update on the new Linda McNatt Animal Care Center and Adoption Center, and Spirit and Jack, a miniature horse and dog therapy team.
Sunday, October 2nd
- Frisco’s Ruff Range Dog Park’s long-awaited opening takes place from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The park, Frisco’s first official off-leash dog park, is located at 3335 4th Army Memorial Road. Saturday’s celebration will include music, vendors and goody bags. Parking is limited and this event is expected to draw a crowd, so organizers have set up a remote parking area with free shuttle service for you and your pet. Find out more, and be sure to read the Dog Park Rules before you go on the Ruff Range website or check them out on Facebook.
- The 3rd Annual WoofStock Festival will take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Little Elm Park, 704 W. Eldorado Parkway in Little Elm. Scheduled activities include live music, food booths, carnival games and bounce house for the kids, raffle prizes, vendors, pet photography, and pet costume contests. Low cost vaccinations will be available, and , and much more. Adults are $10, and kids under 12 are free. Get $2 off on adult tickets with a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Little Elm Food Bank. sponsored by Country Meadows Pet Inn and the Town of Little Elm, all proceeds benefit the Woofstock 2nd Chance Camp.
Subscribe to find out when more DFW Animal Rescue Examiner articles are published; your email address will not be shared. Or follow me on Facebook and Twitter! Want to know more about animal rescue in Dallas/Fort Worth? Check out DFW Animal Rescue.com for comprehensive coverage of all things rescue-related.
Copyright Rebecca Poling 2011. All rights reserved. Email DFWAnimalRescue@att.net if you have a story you’d like to share.
Like what you’ve just read? Let everyone know by clicking the “Like” and “Share” buttons at the top of the page.
Other recent stories by DFW Animal Rescue:
Corny dogs, demo dogs, and now adoptable dogs at the State Fair of Texas
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week: Shelley
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week: Walton
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week: Bunny
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week: Cassidy
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week: Cricket
AdoptAShelter.com: Help homeless pets while shopping online
Adopt A Less Adoptable Pet Week! September 17 – 25, 2011
Local rescue dog honored by AKC
SPCA of Texas sends help to fire victims