Glee on Fox channel 10 in Phoenix had quite a few interesting storyline beginnings (or perhaps continuations of storylines that have already been introduced but now are taking center stage). Shelby Corcoran returns to McKinley with baby Beth in tow. Her return shakes things up for Rachel (who is trying to get over the rejection she got from her biological mother last time they met), Puck (who realizes the only thing he truly cares about is his baby girl), and Quinn (who is having a identity crisis breakdown). There were also more durprises which are outlined below:
- Finn is unsure of his future, should he stay in town and work as a mechanic in Bert’s shop, go to college with Rachel, or continue his creative arts career (which is the hardest path). This episode he learns more about dancing and we got to see him pull out some awesome steps (first time ever on the show). Fans will remember the last time he danced Rachel received a broken nose.
- Quinn decided she was going to get Beth back. Her and Puck were going to sue for full custody. She changed her punk rock/skank look back to little miss blonde perfection… but looks can be deceiving as we quickly learned the change wasn’t real.
- Brittany and Santana created an ‘I am Unicorn’ campaign to help Kurt run for class president… (celebrating what is special about him… his sexuality and openess). This would have been perfect for him any other week. Until he overheard Coach/Kevin/Emma discussing him for the role of Tony in West Side Story and the concern he wasn’t masculine enough to play the role. After he spoke with his father (the rock in his life) he realized he should celebrate what is special about him again.
- Brittany decided she was also a ‘unicorn… or bi-corn’ and she was going to run for class president against Kurt. According to next week’s previews she gives Kurt a good run for his money.
- Blaine auditioned for West Side Story and wowed the judges. They asked him if he was interested in reading for Tony. He was taken off guard, so was Kurt who was secretly watching from the rafters. The credits cut into his answer so we will have to wait until next week to find out. But the likely answer would be yes, as next week looks like it is a showdown between mutliple members of the Glee club.
What did you think of this episode? Who would play a better Tony (Kurt or Blaine)? Should Kurt have been more supportive of Blaine’s audition? Who woul play a better Maria (Rachel or Mercedes)? Who will be a better class president Brittany or Kurt? Who will WIll/Emma/Coach find to run against Sue? Feel free to leave a comment below with your thoughts.
If you enjoyed this article please click the Facebook/Twitter links above to share it with your friends. Be sure to subscribe to this column to get more updates sent directly to your email when new articles are posted. As always thank you for reading, feel free to leave a comment below with your thoughts.