As Stephanie Miller’s “Sexy Liberal Comedy Tour” struts its way into Seattle for shows at the Moore Theatre Friday and Saturday nights, September 30 and October 1, this reporter is thrusting an urgent request into the laps of his progressively provocative readers.
If you had one question to ask of the Sexy Liberals (Steph and her charmingly churlish cohorts John Fugelsang and Hal Sparks), what would it be? Looks like yours truly will be duly granted an interview with the sexy comics and would be egregiously pleased to include your question to see if it gets a rise out of the risqué trio.
Why not flirt with fate? Please submit your potentially dominant query ASAP since the aforementioned—foreplayed?–interview will take place Friday night! If your probing question is the Chosen One, you’ll receive a scandalous prize of an as yet undetermined nature.
On a more serious note (possibly B-flat?), Washington State Senator Patty Murray is requesting your input regarding deficit reduction. Since Sen. Murray sits on the newly christened Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, she’s in a potentially historic position to determine how our nation digs its way out of the Bush Great Recession. Just suggesting a few suggestions…
- Contact Senator Murray immediately. That is, right after you send us your Sexy Liberal question.
- Remind the senator that it’s all about the revenue. Our wealthiest fellow Americans use just as much—if not considerably more—of the services our tax dollars provide. They ought to pay their fair share.
- The Republican myth of The Job Creators is just that: balderdash. America’s middle class has suffered through 30 years of tax cuts for the rich, and where have the jobs gone? Overseas. That’s where The Job Creators invest.
- We will not survive economic death by a thousand budget cuts. These Republican-recommended cuts cost jobs, reduce paychecks and weaken workers’ rights. It’s a recipe for depression.
- How about a Make-It-In-America jobs program? Stop shipping our manufacturing to Asia; bring it home.
- Thank Senator Murray for her ongoing efforts on behalf of the working folk of Washington State. The good senator’s largely been a blessing to her constituency.
But we really need to hold Patty’s tennis shoes to the fire when it comes to protecting Main Street from Wall Street during the current economic crisis
Want to subscribe to Liberal in Seattle? Suggest a topic? Have a comment? Your input is appreciated: knotmove.com/liberal-in-seattle/or [email protected]. Thanks!