Looking to set the stage for romance? Break out of Beantown and take a drive to Montreal (remember the passport). Here you will find a setting rich in history and charm that brimming with charm and romance. There’s not a better place to steal a smooch than magical Montreal. If you’ve been waiting to plant the first kiss or looking to fire up the cinders of a fading romance, check up these tried and true romantic hot spots…
- Stroll down any cobblestone street in Old Montreal. Our official smooch scouts tell us that St. Paul Street by the Bonsecours Market is a prime spot to pucker up.
- Enjoy lunch at Le Jardin Nelson’s outside cafe.The soothing sounds of chamber music add an alluring ambiance to steal a smooch.
- Love is certain to bloom in the Château Ramezay’s garden or the Montréal Botanical Garden.
- It’s cliche, but the proverbial horse-drawn carriage ride through Old Montreal is a sure-fire snuggle moment, especially on a crisp chilly evening.
- Pucker up under the lights of City Hall on Jacques Cartier Square.
- Synchronize your kiss with the sounds of the chimes from the Sun Life building in Dorchester Square at 5 p.m.
- Meander through the shady streets of the Victorian Westmount district and stop for coffee at the Pâtisserie de Gascogne pastry shop. Treat yourself to a sweet exchange .
- Enjoy a romantic dinner cruise on the Bateau Mouche on the St. Lawrence River.
- It may seem creepy to some, but a stroll through the peaceful Mount Royal Cemetery may produce a surprise ending.