October 25 – Looking for last minute Halloween ideas? Mr. Handyman, the king of DIY home improvement projects, says he has a brilliant solution for free Halloween printable pumpkin carving patterns, stencils, and templates. Mr. Handyman has been using power tools from his toolbox this Halloween season, and with great success!
According to the latest internet trends, free pumpkin carving stencils are being downloaded faster than you can print them! With Halloween being less than a week away, that doesn’t leave much time for all the last minute details. Mr. Handyman says carving a pumpkin with power tools is the smart way to approach this job—and have fun doing it!
The video to the left provides a clip of the demonstration along with creative and unique carving templates. Using the steps in the video makes carving a pumpkin easier AND you get it done in half the time. Here are the quick steps:
How To Carve a Halloween Pumpkin With Power Tools
- Cutting off a lid: Using a jigsaw blade is just like using a kitchen knife but with more power. Plunge the blade in the top of the pumpkin at a 45 degree angle, move in a circular motion and watch how quick and easy it is to open the pumpkin up.
- Gutting the pumpkin: Purchase the Pumpkin Gutter tool for $10 and save 20 minutes of sticking your hands in the gooey center. Simply insert the gutter into your drill, tighten, and make mince meat of your pumpkin guts.
- Create circular patters: Using a spade bit can make very interesting shapes such as stars and other unique designs. Coring bits are a great way to make perfectly circular eyes, or use the coring bit in combination with spade bits to make intriguing circular patterns
- Intricate Details: When working on the fine details, Linoleum cutters are the perfect tool. Unless you are an artist, the best bet for making an intricate design is to print out a pattern and then use a thumbtack or other small needle to mark the lines.
- Advanced Carvers: One of the biggest raves in pumpkin carving is to chip away the flesh of the pumpkin into a. Large wood working chisels are a good for removing the top layer of skin, or for removing larger areas of a design. Smaller sized chisels work well for carving intricate designs in your pumpkin.
Keep in mind, while Halloween is primarily a child’s holiday, carving pumpkins with power tools is an adult project. Children can offer their ideas, but the power tools should be supervised by responsible adults.
Check out Mr. Handyman’s free Halloween pumpkin carving stencils at “Free Pumpkin Carving Templates – Download Printable PDF Stencils” where you’ll find a whole list of free spooky Halloween patterns.
BUYING THE GREAT PUMPKIN IN RHODE ISLAND
If you’re looking for the perfect pumpkin this Halloween, consider Trader Joe’s on Bald Hill Road in Warwick, RI. They have some of the cheapest Halloween pumpkins for sale in the Providence, Rhode Island area. Great BIG pumpkins are just $3.99 each. Don’t forget the your local Rhode Island farm and roadside stands all over the state. They usually have good prices, but beware of the pumpkins that are priced per pound. You could end up spending $15 or more on the “perfect” pumpkin!
Don’t forget those pumpkin guts! Save the pumpkin seeds and pulp for these recipes!
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies: Recipes for Halloween cake with marshmallow cream filling
- Most Popular Pumpkin Desserts and Recipes: Pumpkin Seed Recipes
Source: Mr Handyman, used with permission
Photo: morguefile.com; phaewilk