Looking for happy Boss’s Day quotes? Boss Day is October 16, so if you’re scrambling before the weekend to find a quote or saying to send in a card, text or email there are many to choose from below.
If your boss is savvy with social media, send a Boss Day quote via Twitter or on Facebook. Just make sure the quote is complimentary so you still have a job on Monday.
Find a mix of Boss’s Day quotes below including quotes from famous bosses and funny quotes for a boss with a sense of humor.
Need a last minute e-card for the boss? JibJab.com is a fun site with electronic greetings that allow you to add your photos to some funny e-cards. However, these cards might get you fired. Sending an electronic greetings to your boss titled, “My Boss is a Douchebag” or “Certificate to Sleep with the Boss” may have you standing in the unemployment line on Monday.
National Boss’s Day Quotes
- I’ve always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team. – Lee Iacocca
- I’ve never wanted to be the boss. – Harrison Ford
- If I can bring joy into the world, if I can get people to stop thinking about their pain for a moment, or the fact the tomorrow morning they’re going to get up and tell their boss off… then I’ll be successful. – Bobby McFerrin
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter. – John Gotti
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure. – Bill Gates
- In Downing Street they called me ‘Boss’. Civil servants would always call me ‘Prime Minister’. – Tony Blair
- In my house I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision maker. – Woody Allen
- In the past a leader was a boss. Today’s leaders must be partners with their people… they no longer can lead solely based on positional power. – Ken Blanchard
- A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. – Charles Erwin Wilson
- By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. – Robert Frost
- The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings. ~Dave Barry, “Things That It Took Me 50 Years to Learn”
YouTube Like A Boss video: Happy Boss’s Day
Funny Boss’s Day Quotes
- The first myth of management is that it exists. The second myth of management is that success equals skills. – Robert Heller
- Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people. – Despair.com
- Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties – Doug Larson
- Key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate you away from those who are still undecided. – Casey Stengal
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember: you wouldn’t have job if he was any smarter. – Albert A Grant
- Being a boss anywhere is lonely. Being a female boss in a world of mostly men is especially so. – Allison Gomme
- Because you’ve done so much for the company, there’s not much left we can use. – Despair.com
Boss’ Day is also known as Boss’s Day, Bosses Day or National Boss Day and is celebrated in the US and Canada on October 16 every year as a way to thank a great boss for their fairness all year.
Your boss has Patricia Haroski to thank for this holiday. She started National Boss Day in 1958 to honor her father who gave great advice to his children throughout their careers. Patricia picked the 16th of October as the official day to celebrate because it was her father’s birthday.
Quote Sources: BrainyQuote.com, Despair.com, Fundootimes.com