October 25th is all about food! Besides National Greasy Foods Day, today is also World Pasta Day! The world has been celebrating World Pasta Day since its launch at the first World Pasta Congress in Rome in 1995.
People have been consuming pasta for generations. While Marco Polo is often credited as “discovering” pasta, it is believed the Chinese first ate pasta back in 5,000 B.C. With more than 600 shapes and sizes, pasta makes an affordable and nutritious meal. Over 75 percent of Americans eat pasta at least once a week and the average person in North America consumes about 15 ½ pounds of pasta annually. Italy produces the most pasta with the U.S. coming in second.
In honor of World Pasta Day, why not try a new pasta or a brand new recipe during the international celebration of pasta?
25 Delicious Pasta Recipes
- Fettuccine Alfredo – This top-rated recipe, from Emeril Lagasse, calls for heavy cream, unsalted butter, a shallot, Pamigiano-Reggiano and dried fettuccine noodles.
- Fettuccine Alfredo Like the Olive Garden – If you love the Olive Garden, check out this copycat recipe.
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus – Check out this creamy and simple-to-make Alfredo recipe.
- Sea Bass with Lemon Caper Fettuccine – You’ll need sea bass or salmon fillets for this meal that serves 2.
- Chicken Tequila Fettuccine – ‘Nuff said!
- Jo Mamas World Famous Spaghetti – This popular recipe calls for Italian sausage, garlic cloves, onions, tomatoes, tomato paste and sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, red wine, thin spaghetti noodles and seasoning.
- Spaghetti Al Forno – This healthy vegetarian dish calls for an onion, carrots, celery, garlic cloves, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, whole wheat breadcrumbs and whole wheat spaghetti.
- Spaghetti and Meat Balls – From the Italian Chef, this recipe is packed with meat. The recipe calls for beef, port, veal, Italian bread, Pecorino-Romano cheese, plum tomatoes and seasonings.
- Turkey Tetrazzini – This amazing recipe is from the fabulous Pioneer Woman!
- Chicken Bolognese – This recipe combines chicken and linguine noodles with carrots, celery, onions, crushed tomatoes, reduced-fat milk and Parmesan cheese.
- Shrimp Scampi with Linguini – Tyler Florence shares his top-rated scampi recipe that calls for garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, dry white wine, large shrimp, lemon, butter and linguini.
- Linguini White Clam Sauce – This simple recipe only has 5 ingredients – olive oil, garlic cloves, Cherrystone Clams, linguini and chopped parsley.
- Macaroni and Cheese – You can’t celebrate pasta without a fabulous Mac-n-Cheese recipe! This one comes to you from Giada De Laurentiis and sounds devine!
- Bucatini Pasta the Romana Way – Mary Ann Esposito shows you how to make this delicious no-meat dish.
- Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto – Kick up that pesto recipe with some sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil. Yum!
- Penne with Eggplant, Tomatoes, Black Olives and Basil – This recipe calls for eggplant, garlic cloves, black olives, red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes, olive oil and penne pasta.
- Pasta Primavera with Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth and you’ve got another vegetarian meal.
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Perfect for this time of year, try this lasagna recipe that includes canned pumpkin puree and heavy cream.
- World’s Best Lasagna – With over 3,000 positive reviews, this highly rated recipe calls for Italian sausage, ground beef, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, seasonings, ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Vegetarian Lasagna – This recipe, from Seth Roth and Bryan Devlin, is listed on Oprah’s website so it has to be great! You’ll need store-bought marinara sauce, zucchini, eggplants, onions, portabella mushrooms, tomatoes, low-fat cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Ingrid’s Vegetarian Lasagna – Food Network’s Ingrid Croce uses marinara sauce, breaded eggplant, lemon ricotta mixture, Provolone, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses in this meatless dish.
- Easy Lasagna – This ground beef dish is easy peasy.
- Pumpkin Gnocci with Parmgiano, Sage and White Truffles – Here’s another recipe that calls for pumpkin.
- Orecchiette with Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese – This simple-to-make salad recipe from Giada De Laurentiis, calls for sun-dried tomatoes and goat-cheese.
- Spaghetti with Pesto and Tomato-Mozzarella Salad – This cold salad recipe, from Good Housekeeping, is a winner!
And speaking of food – today is also National Greasy Foods Day! Enjoy!
With Halloween right around the corner, be sure to check out these fun and affordable Halloween ideas to get you into the spirit.
- Halloween Fudge: Simple 2-ingredient fudge recipe for trick-or-treat time
- Top 10 ‘Howl-ween’ pet safety tips: Keep Fido and Fluffy safe on Halloween
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots
- Creepy treats and scary snacks ideas for Halloween
- Celebrate Halloween with 15 Creepy Movies
- Free Halloween Games
- Free Halloween Printable Projects
- Virtual Haunted Houses
- Halloween for kids: Create boo-tiful drawings with creepy coloring projects for children
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Free pumpkin decorating projects for a spook-tacular Halloween