It’s that time again! Get out your period and pirate costumes and head out to Huntersville, NC. This year’s festival occurs from October 8th to November 20th and promises to bring fun for the entire family!
The annual renaissance festival will celebrate its 18th annual season, providing arts and crafts, kingly feasts, an outdoor theater, 11 stages, full contact jousts and will be comprised of over 100 vendors. This is one of the nation’s biggest renaissance festivals with 20 acres of walking and over 500 costumed performers.
This is a great time to stock up on essential oils, necklaces, hand-crafted wands and staves, athame’s and bolline’s as well as other pagan wares and accessories that are sometimes hard to find. It’s also a great time to get your fortune read by professional tarot readers, palm readers and other diviners or just have fun with the whole family.
The featured events are:
· Opening weekend Oct 8th and 9th: Get your $20.00 off coupon here: http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42&Itemid=46
· Sci-Fi and fantasy literary weekend Oct 15th and 16th: Includes storytelling, costume contest and sci-fi author’s book signings. Bring school supplies for the Royal School supply drive to receive a free child’s admission.
· BrewFest Weekend Oct 22nd and Oct 23rd: Showcasing home brewed beer winners and taste testing micro-brewed home beers.
· Halloween Dayz and spooky Knights Oct 29th and 30th: all children ages 12 and under are free this weekend and will host a Halloween treasure hunt, costume contest, and free tricks and treats!
· Celtic Trader Jams Nov 5th and 6th : Enjoy local Celtic musicians, kilts and a knobby knees contest this weekend of faire.
· Pitate’s Christmas Nov 12th and 13th: Eye’ matey! It’s pirate weekend at the faire! Spend $200 or more at the marketplace and receive 2 free tickets for the final weekend! Enjoy all the pirate entertainment you can this weekend while shopping or dress as a pirate and win the pirates booty!
· And the Final Huzzah Nov 19th and 20th: This is the last weekend of faire, so bring a canned good for donation and receive a free child’s admission. The last weekend of faire is a great time to get special discounts from merchants and vendors.
Purchase tickets in advance from any Harris Teeter store http://www.harristeeter.com/ and get $1.00 off admission. Tickets at the door or purchased on line are $20.00 for adults, and $9.00 ages 5 to 12. All children under 5 are free of charge. Parking is provided free of charge by Harris Teeter. Hours of operation each weekend are 10am to 5:30pm.
Please note: Lead dogs and other medically trained animals are welcome, however non-medical animals are not allowed for this event. This is a rain or shine event, so dress appropriately.
Carolina Renaissance Festival webpage: http://www.royalfaires.com/carolina/
Contact information: Phone: 1-877-896-5544 nor 704-896-5544
Address: 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
NOTE! Per the website: “It is not recommended that you use any internet mapping programs to find the Festival. There seems to occasionally be some discrepancy between the existing streets and the directions provided by such services”. Visit the website for further directions or call the box office to get directions.
Did you enjoy this article? Make sure to hit subscribe at the top of this article and you will be sent an e-mail each time the Charlotte Paganism Examiner posts a new article.
Are you a local Pagan or metaphysical store? Provide assistance with meditations, Reiki or healings? Do you have a question or story to share? Need information on where to find that spell or ritual item? Just e-mail the Charlotte Paganism Examiner and she will cover it! mailto:[email protected]