Downtown Greenville has a virus that is spreading like wildfire-the combination of the cowboy boots with dresses. Fall for Greenville displayed this new trend in so many different looks, that one could simply sit and observe a fashion parade.
This Boho/Chic look is in the streets of Charleston and at every Clemson football game. Young and old are combining the cowboy/western boot with dresses of all types, even chiffon and the look is so easy to achieve; especially, for the girl on a budget. This trend is wonderfully fresh and flirty.
I love this look personally, even though it might not be the most “right” way to wear it. Britney Spears loves to wear her cowboy boots with short dresses and it’s actually a super-cute way to wear cowboy boots if you pick the right dress and accessories. You don’t ever want to wear these boots with tight fitting dresses. The dress should always be flowing.
For some dress ideas, try Jovovich-Hawk for Target. I think their dresses would go perfectly with cowboy boots! Also, check out Boho Chic http://bohochic.com for more dress ideas that work with cowboy boots.
Taylor Swift shows her personality without being overly ‘country’ with this look. The pairing is cute and casual but still elegant. To get this look, just wear your cowboy boots with a simple and understated dress. Keep the rest of your look simple: don’t wear too much other stuff or else you’ll risk looking too overdone.
Tips and Tricks for Pulling off Cowboy Boots
- Consider the material and color. Suede boots look great, but are really difficult to maintain. Leather boots are the most classic, and they come in every color, the most popular options being black, brown, white, and red. I prefer boots that are made to be worn out, but some girls like styles that are more structured and formal.
- Think about the style and shape. Pointed toes look the most authentic, but a rounded or square toe might make the boots more versatile. Calf-length cowboy boots are the most traditional, but ankle boots will give your outfit a nice boho-chic aesthetic.
- Consider your budget. Forever 21 and Payless have cheap pairs that will be perfect if you only plan on wearing them every once in awhile. However, if you plan on having your cowboy boots for a long time, it’s worth the splurge for a nice pair. They’ll mold to your feet and become one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes in your closet!
- Flaunt them by wearing them over a pair of tights or bare legs!
- Keep the rest simple. Cowboy boots make enough of a statement on their own — let them have the spotlight by keeping the rest of your outfit relatively basic. http://collegefashion.net
Here are a few examples of what NOT to wear with your cowboy boots.
Don’t go ‘cowboy’ themed. You’re trying to incorporate a pair of shoes into an outfit. Avoid looking cliche.
Don’t wear them with a loud outfit. Keep the rest of your look simple if you’re going to wear cowboy boots.
Don’t wear them every day! Avoid being branded “that girl with the cowboy boots.”
This week Kohls http://www.kohls.com is having a boot sale with a bonus of Kohl’s Cash. You can also check Ebay and Consignment Stores for worn boots which are in high demand at a fraction of the costs.