Women say they want romance, and men, usually completely clueless, try and give it to them, but often fall short of the mark. Why?
Because many men think romance is just flowers, candy, maybe dinner out, and then it should lead to hot monkey sex! Well, sometimes, that’s true. There are times when flowers are appropriate; candy, too. And dinner out is a nice change of pace for the woman who spends most of her nights preparing dinner for everyone else.
The thing is, romance doesn’t have to, shouldn’t have to always lead to the bedroom; at least, not right away.
Sometimes, romance is very much like good foreplay (What men need to know about foreplay). It’s a buildup to something more. Much like Tantric sex, that ‘something more’ can be drawn out for days, even weeks.
Here are 10 great romantic gestures that let your lady know she’s truly special to you.
- When the breeze catches her hair, reach out and tuck the stray strand behind her ear. Do nothing else. Just let that spontaneous touch sink in and marinate.
- Give her a back and shoulder rub above the clothes, but don’t proceed beneath them.
- Send her a text message that says “Just thinking about you….”
- Clean up the house before she comes home, but don’t make a big deal out of it.
- Take her hand and start slow dancing with her in the middle of the living room, yard, parking lot, wherever. Just hum a tune, hold her close, and dance.
- Walk up to her, whisper “you look so sexy today” in her ear; smile, then walk away.
- Hold her hand when out in public (if you don’t already do this).
- Ask her how her day went, and then keep eye contact with her while she tells you all about it.
- Plan an overnight trip somewhere fun on the weekend, and surprise her.
- Finally, plan a night of slow, sensual sexiness where she can have whatever she wants. Let her know her wish is your command and stick with that.
Looking for fun Fall events in San Antonio? Check out the International Accordion Festival October 7-9th at La Villita.
Looking for love in San Antonio, but tired of the same old dating scene? Check out Scenergy Dating; owned and operated by military veteran Capt. Chris Feliciano. Scenergy’s goal is to put the ‘meet’ back into meeting someone by hosting frequent Champagne Wine Mixers around San Antonio. Scenergy focuses on quality people; military and professionals, ages mid-20s to mid-50s. The next event is scheduled for September 30th at the Rumi Lounge; 7:00 p.m. For more information, click here.
Follow me on Facebook and TWITTER! …and check out my blog covering all other topics – One Pissed Wet Cat
Download HARVEST, a sci-fi short story from author, Michele Gwynn, available on Barnes & Noble online for NOOK, Kindle, and Kobo eReaders.
All articles by Michele Gwynn are under copyright and cannot be re-posted whole without written consent by the author. Partial re-posting with a link back to the original article is permitted. For consent, questions, or comments, email [email protected]
Did you like this article? You can receive the next one directly into your email by clicking “SUBSCRIBE” at the top of the page.
In addition to this local column, and her work as a Freelance Journalist in San Antonio, Michele Gwynn is also the National Animal Rights Examiner. Her love of pets began at an early age with a stray cat named Harvey, and a dying field mouse named Tucker. She is a pet parent to four cats, and an animal rights champion to all critters, large and small. Visit her animal rights column here.