Many people in Portland choose to make their holiday gifts each year because it is fun and less expensive than purchasing expensive gifts. When it comes to crafting, it can get expensive depending on what kind of projects you like to do and where you purchase your products from. Crafting can always be done less expensively. Here are some ways that you can get crafty for less than the average cost.
- Yard Sales/Garage Sales- Sometimes you can find yarn, beads and several other craft supplies at yard sales and garage sales in your area. Most of the time, these items will be partially used or only in a certain color because they were intended for a project that has gone forgotten.
- Community Postings- In the Portland area, Freecycle.org and Craigslist.org are very popular websites for finding all the craft items that you want. Most of the time, people will sell their entire craft stock because they want to make room for other projects. Check these sites out for some awesome deals.
- Craft Exchanges- Some sites such as Craftster.org do craft challenges and exchanges all the time. When you are a member of the group, you can participate in these exchanges and get new items from a list that you create. Most of the time these are random things and you never know what you may end up with.
- Left Overs- There is always a little left over from every craft project that you do. Instead of tossing them. Save them in little containers such as baby food jars so that you can use them for other projects.
- Scrap- Scrap is a store in Portland that allows you to bring your scrap items to the store and donate them for others to purchase. This warehouse is full of items that you can use for all your projects.