Busch Gardens Williamsburg opens its 13th year of Howl-O-Scream on Friday, September 23, 2011. The park will be open for thrills and chills on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays until Sunday, October 30, 2011.
Enjoy a day of family fun at the world’s ‘most beautiful theme park’ and then spend the after dark hours being scared senseless. The haunting begins at the strike of 6:00 p.m.
The European-themed park is pulling out all the stops for its “Lucky 13th” year of Howl-O-Scream. They’ve brought back some favorites from the past as well as created a whole new line-up of terror-filled attractions. Quaint cobblestone streets and pretty landscaped paths turn dark and sinister by night. “The Dark Side of the Gardens” features haunted houses, shows and scare zones designed to scare, terrify and maybe even amuse guests.
At an exclusive annual pass-member event, Scott Gasparich, Vice President of Entertainment said,
“There is nothing in this year’s event that hasn’t been intensified, including new takes on old favorites.”
- Your Number’s Up (Ireland) – Locked up for 13 years, a tall dark tower holds your deepest fears and phobias on its13th floor. Do you dare to face them?
- Catacombs (France) – An abandoned cemetery full of crumbling statues leads to underground, rat-infested tunnels. Venture through miles of bones, haunted by the voices of the dead they once belonged to.
- Fear Fair (Festa Italia) – This fairground is no fun fair. Dare to enter the bigtop of a traveling carnival where freaky faces, crazy clowns and other oddities await to make you laugh or run for your life.
- Bitten (Germany) – Vampires and the undead roam this1800s roadside manor that travelers have no choice but to pass by with fear and unrest.
- Dead Line (Italy) Underground construction on the Pompeii Metro resulted in an ancient pipe being struck. As a sinister steam turns to an infectious gas, all connection with the outside world is shut off. All who have entered are now infected and there is no way out.
- Monster Stomp Revamped (Ireland) – Vampires join the Monster Stomp party, along with witches, skeletons and other scary beasts, in this musical rock extravaganza. This show contains adult themes and parental supervision is suggested.
- Jack is Back (Ireland) – Pumpkins and dancing scarecrows come together to honor Jack-Of-The-Lantern in this musical party.
- Fiends (Oktoberfest Das Festhaus) – Take a seat and join Dr. Weirdstein and his team of manic nurses as they return to Das Festhaus. Always working on a new invention, this laboratory is a returning favorite from the first year of Howl-O-Scream.
- Widow Makers (New France) – A lone logging camp is overcome by venomous spiders just waiting to capture anyone who wanders into their wicked webby woods. Loggers are armed with their sharpest blades as they try to tell the difference from you and the spiders in the dense, dark fog.
- Grin and Scare It (Festa Italia) – A traveling carnival has unpacked their most sinister tricks and evil clowns await unsuspecting guests.
- Unleashed (Ireland) – Listen as leaves rustle, a full moon rises and werewolves howl in the distance.
- Stitchin’ Time (Germany) – A demented doctor is roaming the streets of Germany. Zombies and monsters join him in his demonic deeds as he gathers the limbs and organs of the living. This zombie army is equipped with scissors, needles and thread to stitch together an undead beast.
- Scavengers (Scotland) – The dense fog of a Scottish village hides scarecrows and empty fields as iturns out you are the one being stalked.
Many of the park’s thrilling coasters and attractions will be open during Howl-O-Scream, including Griffon, Loch Ness Monster and Curse of DarKastle, as well as many family-friendly rides and attractions.
A single-day ticket is $69.99 for adults and $56.99 for children (ages 3-9). For more information and to purchase single-day tickets or a Fall Fun Card, please click here.
To get the most out of the Howl-O-Scream season, purchase a Fall Fun Card and get the whole Howl-O-Scream season for $69.99. This pass allows you to come back as often as you dare from September 10 – October 30, 2011. Tthis offer does not include discounted ChristmasTown tickets.
Buy a 2012 Annual Pass now and get Howl-O-Scream for free.
WARNING – Howl-O-Scream is an intense Halloween-themed event. It is NOT intended for young children. Please use proper judgment when bringing children to this event. There are lots of fun fall and Halloween-themed events and attractions for the whole family to enjoy during the day, including the Sesame Street Forest of Fun, and Land of the Dragons.
Located just 55 miles from Richmond in historic Williamsburg, Busch Gardens offers more than 200 beautifully landscaped acres of thrilling coasters, family fun rides, KIDsiderate attractions, and animal encounters, including the Highland Stables, Jack Hanna’s Nature Reserve, Eagle Ridge and Wolf Valley.
To stay up-to-date on all of the news and events happening at Richmond area theme parks, kindly click subscribe at the top of the page or follow on Twitter.