Ice cream sandwiches has been a family favorite ice cream desserts for many years. If you have a crowd to feed and are looking for a fun twist, try this recipe for ice cream sandwich casserole.
Ice cream sandwich casserole
- 20 ice cream sandwiches (any variety)
- 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole ice cream sandwich and one half of an ice cream sandwich side by side across the short end of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Next to those ice cream sandwiches, arrange 8 more ice cream sandwiches lengthwise, to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Spread half of the sauce over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers: ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sauce and whipped topping. Scatter sprinkles over top.
- Freeze, uncovered 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze another hour.
For amazingly fresh and creamy ice cream in Raleigh, NCSU still makes the best around. The nice part is that now you don’t have to wait for the state fair, you can get it anytime. Visit their website for more details.
Make an ice cream sandwich casserole for your next gathering and get ready to hand out the recipe! It’s a simple ice cream dessert that would even impress an eskimo.
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a knotmove.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with knotmove.com? Click here to link to knotmove.com and start sharing your knowledge today