Out of the endless inspirations that lie behind the fashions seen on the runways of 2011, high-shine apparel has definitely been the style trend that has stolen the spotlight.
On location in a gilded entry hall at the Plaza hotel with a live performance by burlesque dance, Hazel Honeysuckle, Alice + Olivia debut their fall 2011 ready-to-wear collection. The focus was on pants and knits where more separates were showcased, instead of just dresses. Displayed in the show were trousers and tops, trimmed blazers, open knit cardigans and party-ready ensembles in sequins and lace. This 38 piece designer collection consisted of many trends and several styles.
- Structured separates and experimentation with knit tops.
- High shine pieces in shimmering sequins and sheer with lace.
- Semi-precious colors consisting of silver, gold and gunmetal.
- Richer hues outside basic shades such as purple, chocolate and ruby.
- High-waisted pants in flare and wide-leg for an elongated look.
- Long-sleeved cocktail dresses and suits topped with jackets give complete outfitted looks appropriate for the cooler season.
- Simpler shoes and simple strands of pearls make the collection less costume-oriented and more party-ready.
- Trends: brights, embellishments, metallics, lace and prints
- Styles: ladylike, outerwear, preppy and retro.
Capture the Complete Collection
Liquidate your assets in clothing pieces dripped in liquid shine. Tops and dresses glossed over in high shine are one of the best trends of the season. These looks have been created by designers such as Balmain, Calvin Klein and Alexander Wang, and have ushered in another bronze age with polished pieces that are worth their weight in gold. The golden rule is to invest in tops in semi-precious details and pair them with a black skirt or pant for a pulse-racing look or drape your inner diva in a glitter cocktail dress that will illuminate the room. Search for tunics and cardigans with hints of shimmer that can easily transition from day to night. High-gloss sequins paired back to black are the perfect blend of cutting-edge glamour.
From the Catwalk to your Closet, “Shine On” in Express’ High Shine Fashions~