If you love chocolate, and who doesn’t, you’re in luck. Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day! Sweet! While the origins of this food holiday are unknown, Americans celebrate this special day every Oct 18. Folks have been enjoying cupcakes in the U.S. since the 19th century.
Cupcakes have come a long way over the years. These mini-cakes are not only delicious to munch on, but are lovely to look at. In fact, some are just too pretty to eat! Whether you prefer yours frosted or filled, plain or gourmet, cupcakes are delicious sweet treats that are fun to eat.
In honor of National Chocolate Cupcake Day, why not whip up a batch and share with friends and loved ones? So go ahead. Satisfy that chocolate craving and get your cupcake on!
Chocolate Cupcake Recipes
- Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe – This recipe, from the Taste of Home, calls for butter, sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, cocoa, buttermilk and your frosting of choice.
- Upside Down Pumpkin Filled Chocolate Cupcakes – Perfect for the season, this recipe is from Paula Deen.
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow – This recipe, from Martha Stewart, looks amazing and far too pretty to eat.
- Triple Chocolate Cupcakes – If you need a heapin’ helpin’ of chocolate today, you’re in luck!
- Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes – Cheesecake in a cupcake. This recipe looks simply divine! Besides cream cheese, you’ll need cocoa powder, mini-chocolate chips and almonds.
- Dark Chocolate Cupcake Recipes – Love dark chocolate? You’ll need dark chocolate and cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Coffee Cream Filling – If you love coffee, you’ve gotta try this recipe that calls for a cup of strong brewed coffee.
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Chip Frosting – You’ll need flour, baking powder, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, egg whites and semisweet chocolate chips for this one.
- Better than Sex Cupcakes – ‘Nuff said!
- Molten Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes – This top-rated recipe has no flour!
- Fat-Free Chocolate Cupcakes – Check out this fat-free chocolate cupcake recipe from Diana Rattray.
- Moms Chocolate Cupcakes – This made-from-scratch recipe sounds like a winner!
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe – Vegan’s will enjoy this one!
Enjoy! Today is also World Menopause Day.
With Halloween right around the corner, be sure to check out these fun and affordable Halloween ideas to get you into the spirit.
- Halloween for kids: Create boo-tiful drawings with creepy coloring projects for children
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween
- Blood-curdling beverages, creepy cocktails and disgusting drinks for Halloween
- Free pumpkin decorating projects for a spook-tacular Halloween
- Free Halloween Pumpkin Stencils & Patterns
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots